iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dad's Barn

Started by paul case, June 01, 2010, 09:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul case

Here is the addition to my dad's barn that we just finished.

life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Bibbyman

Looks pretty good to me.  Never can have enough space under roof.  Tell us went it's too full to get anything useful in.

I like the idea of hanging the purlins between the rafters.  I like it but never have done it that way.  Now we've got a lot of bird's nests on the rafters.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

WDH

I could saw a lot of lumber under that addition  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

wannasaw

LT28 70something Int'l Backhoe loader  Kubota L285, Husky 55, F-250 7.3, 12'x6' single axle trailer, Kubota RTV900 w/remote hyd. Iron will...

Magicman

???  I'm still trying to figure out the roof overhang.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

paul case

when complete the end will have doors and a r&c ,  rake and corner trim, will cover all ends. it doesnt have an overhang. the metal and purlins raise up toward the existing roof. the add on doesnt have the same pitch as the old roof so it kinda blends. the rafters were leg screwed to the top of the poles on the existing barn. this left a 3.5'' gap at the eve of the old metal and the rafter tops. to accomadate this we put 2x8 and 2x6 purlins at the top and a 2x4 flat on the next purlin down. if you look you can see the green paint on the end of the flat 2x4. not perfect but good enuf for dad and he is already filling it with stuff.  pc
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
pc

Magicman

Quote from: paul case on June 02, 2010, 10:25:10 PM
if you look you can see the green paint on the end of the flat 2x4. not perfect but good enuf  pc 

I had picked up on that.  I knew that I saw no provision for roof overhang.  Where the heck are the wasp going to build their nest  ???   I know I'm rushing you, but I'm anxious to see some completed pictures with the trim.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

paul case

MM
you may get tired of waiting. we have stopped on the barn for now and are trying to get ready to bale our hay for our stooopid cows. dad and i will probably bale about 250 acres of hay by july 15 or so. maybe even later since we are now starting to get some of the rain that bibbyman and mary would rather be without for a few days.  8)pc
pc

Magicman

I understand.  You gotta do what you gotta do, and those cows will need their feed this Winter.  I've been there, but thankfully, that's in my past life. 

If the wind blows a limb across a fence, not a single tree is gonna walk out.   :)

WDH

My trees aren't bad to get out either.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

I'm 46 miles away from my place.  Cows + 46 miles = big trouble !!!

paul case

sometimes the wind dont have to blow for my cows to get out. pc
pc

stonebroke

But you cannot eat trees.

Stonebroke

Magicman

With the gas money I save not having to travel 92 miles fixing fence, I just take the Magicwoman out and have a Filet' !!!    food3  smiley_love

paul case

thats why they call you the magicman, now your turning trees into cows  or at least steaks.  pc
pc

SwampDonkey

Quote from: stonebroke on June 04, 2010, 08:49:39 AM

Stonebroke

You can eat stuff made by a tree and not have to kill it. Reminds me of some apples I have to eat. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

stonebroke

Quote from: SwampDonkey on June 04, 2010, 07:12:00 PM
Quote from: stonebroke on June 04, 2010, 08:49:39 AM

Stonebroke

You can eat stuff made by a tree and not have to kill it. Reminds me of some apples I have to eat. ;D

Touche!!

Stonebroke

SwampDonkey

Paul, I assume the extension is to house more hay. Sounds like you have a lot of hay to manufacture. ;D I've seen them starting hay or silage here a month early this year.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

paul case

not for hay. for maintenence.dad never had a shop at his house. he will likely store his 4 wheelers lawnmower and his feed truck in there. pc
pc

Thank You Sponsors!