Sponsors:

Red Barn, White Barn, Brown Barn, Blue?

Started by kwendt, March 25, 2015, 11:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4x4American

I like the anvil/hammer idea for sure
Boy, back in my day..

Don_Papenburg

One of my dads barns was white with green trim and one was red with red trim and black roof.  my farm had one that was never painted and it fell into disrepair very quickly.   Paint the barn red with white trim . Use LATEX porch and floor enamel . It will build good and wear away so all it will need is a good wash and repaint over time .   Old wood like that will take several coats but will be worth the time spent.   
  The mural is a good idea .  Have the edges fade into your background instead of a hard edge. 
  Tractors are  Green   Barns are red  Tractors are Green  Barns are red Tractors are
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

shinnlinger

If your re roofing, extend the eves first so the siding will never get wet.   
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

Don_Papenburg

kwendt

Quote from: shinnlinger on March 28, 2015, 06:40:09 AM
If your re roofing, extend the eves first so the siding will never get wet.

Yes, re roofing if save the barn. Extending the eves a great idea.
87 acres abandoned northern Maine farm and forest to reclaim. 20 acres in fields, 55 acre woodlot: maple, spruce, cedar and mixed. Deer, bear, moose, fox, mink, snowshoe and lynx. So far: a 1950 Fergie TO-20, hand tools, and a forge. (And a husband!)

kwendt

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on March 27, 2015, 08:13:27 PM
That tractor is in its Prime.  ;D

Lol.... Ours is in better shape than that pic! Once you figure out the lever system, it starts every time. The hard part was finding a 6 volt battery charger...
87 acres abandoned northern Maine farm and forest to reclaim. 20 acres in fields, 55 acre woodlot: maple, spruce, cedar and mixed. Deer, bear, moose, fox, mink, snowshoe and lynx. So far: a 1950 Fergie TO-20, hand tools, and a forge. (And a husband!)

Don_Papenburg

Schumaker has that option on a lot of their 12v chargers.  Or charge two 6v batteries at the same time

Thank You Sponsors!