iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Crank On A 395 XP

Started by Autocar, November 09, 2010, 08:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

Will I break the seal on the gas or oil tank ? It looks like I have to split the saw apart. Two weeks ago I had the sproket drive split that drives the chain and the saw was running full tilt and brought it to a screaming halt ! I thought to myself that couldn't be good on the other componets. I cut some wood on Saturday here at home then after Church I sharpened the chain so I would be ready Monday morning. I get to the first tree Monday morning and tried to pull the starter rope. It was like it was welded solid I pulled the plug and the piston moves maybe a 1/16 of a inch. So now the rest of the week I am using a 088 and a 084 Stihl, which sucks there so dang heavy.
Bill

mtngun

You need to determine what is wrong.    Could be a seized top end, could be something seized with the clutch or oil pump, etc.   

joe_indi

Quote from: Autocar on November 09, 2010, 08:33:54 PM
.... Two weeks ago I had the sproket drive split that drives the chain and the saw was running full tilt and brought it to a screaming halt ! I thought to myself that couldn't be good on the other componets.........
Not good at all.Chances are of a crank big end burn out because of the high revs.I have seen this happen often on 385s. The 395 is different only in the size of the cylinder and piston.
Joe

Autocar

It turned out to be a broken ring so I rebuilt the whole saw and will use it as a back up saw. I ordered a new one and it has came in so in the next few days I will pick it up. I will be glad to put the Sthils back on the shelf,there good saw's but to heavy for me any more.
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!