iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Owning a chain saw

Started by Texas Ranger, February 26, 2019, 09:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

sawguy21

Certainly not one of his better moves. I wonder if insurance will cover that.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Old Greenhorn

As if there was ever any doubt.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

starmac

My neighbor back in the 80's cut a tree down across his electric line, jerking the line off the side of his house.
The electric company came out and got him fixed up, they had barely got out of site before he decided to cut another one. This time he smartened up and hooked on to it with his semi, to pull it away from the line. Yep he took the line out again, but was too embarrassed to call them back, so waited till the next morning. lol
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

chet

Over the years I've been called upon more than a few times to salvage, finish, or cleanup some of them attempts :(.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

jmouton

thats why i never am on a ladder cutting,,,and have my truck way far away from any cutting

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

thecfarm

Some of them people got hurt!!!  :( 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

starmac

If they didn't, they sure missed a good chance.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Firewoodjoe

Wow some of those are hard to watch. You know darn well what's going to happen.

mills

So... if you don't stand on a ladder when cutting a tree you have an 80% chance of being successful?
:D :D :D

firefighter ontheside

I feel like some of those were done on purpose.  Like, won't it be fun to take down this old house or shed by falling a tree on it.

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

John Mc

Quote from: firefighter ontheside on February 26, 2019, 10:55:49 PM
I feel like some of those were done on purpose.  Like, won't it be fun to take down this old house or shed by falling a tree on it.
Yeah, a couple of those they hit dead center and crunched the building to kindling.
hmmm... makes me want to go looking for derelict buildings that can be demolished by a nicely placed tree.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Thank You Sponsors!