iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

FF Members Meet

Started by Magicman, January 05, 2014, 06:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

It is always good to add a face to a name and this afternoon was no exception.  MSSawmill (Charles) and his Dad came by for some Cherry and Maple for some woodworking projects and we had a very nice visit.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

lyle niemi

mad murdock

Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Andy White

Lynn
That is a very nice thing to meet friends in person. It's like ever widening ripples on the water, they all originate here on the Forum. Enjoy the visit, and stay warm!!!     Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

thecfarm

MSSawmill are we going to see the finished Cherry and Maple projects?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

jamesamd

All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

Magicman

Quote from: thecfarm on January 05, 2014, 09:31:02 PMMSSawmill are we going to see the finished Cherry and Maple projects? 
;D  Charles has been called out now.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Always nice when FF members meet!  8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

MSSawmill

Quote from: Magicman on January 05, 2014, 10:20:40 PM
Quote from: thecfarm on January 05, 2014, 09:31:02 PMMSSawmill are we going to see the finished Cherry and Maple projects? 
;D  Charles has been called out now.   :D
No pressure! :D I'll post them out here, but I make no promises about when!

And your picture turned out great, MM! Except for that ugly guy in the leather hat... Who is he?!  ;D

It was definitely a good visit. Dad and I both enjoyed spending some time with the MagicMan and hearing a few of his stories. We even shared some of our own, (when we could get a word in!). It was great to actually shake hands with one of the pros who has written so many of the posts I've read out here.

And as a side note, the generosity of the folks on this forum, and of the sawmill community as a whole, has just blown me away. Every question I've asked out here, even the stupid ones, has been answered quickly and constructively. The massive amount of support and knowledge that I've seen forum members provide each other is amazing. And the help that you all give each other, both on the forum and in real life, is something really special. When I found the forum about a year ago, I knew very, very little about a bandsaw mill and how to use it. I just knew I was going to get one and tackle a big project with it! I still don't know much compared to most of you, but most of what I've learned has been from here. We've built blade guides based on help out here. We've built the famous pineywoods turner based on help out here. We've built strong, sliding backstops because I found someone out here who has them. I've figured out the difference in sweet gum and red oak because of some nice guys out here! ;) The way MagicMan and I got together was so much more than I could have expected when I contacted him about some cherry and maple. And then there's a sawyer in Brandon, MS who I don't think is a member of the forum, so I won't mention any names, who I called out of the blue with a local question, and then he went far above and beyond to help me out, even though there was no real benefit to him.

In short, thanks. Hopefully I can contribute something to you in return.
Home-built bandsaw mill
2004 Kubota M110 with LA1301 loader

thecfarm

The pictures of your finished products using the wood you got from Magicman will do just fine.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!