iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

miller blue

Started by snowstorm, November 03, 2014, 07:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowstorm

has turned my lights on. miller bobcat welder gen set. autocar asked if we got snow. about 14". winds to 40kts. at times last nite on appleton ridge the snow was blowing side ways. i could not see the plow on the truck. we have a lot of trees down taking the power lines. i heard 40,000 with out power. also heard that some line men and bucket trucks are coming from nb and ns. thanks guys we can use you. the problem was it was warm ...mid 30's raining and the temp dropped changed to wet snow so it stuck to everything. had it been cold dry snow it would be no big deal. i went by 3 stores we gas pumps today all had long lines of cars waiting to get gas.

Maine logger88

I'd like too get one of those one day must come in handy! Yeah it was bad last night I rode around with my grandfather plowing out driveways for awhile. I think B@M made some money today went over there today too get fuel and sat in line for 20min
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

snowstorm

according to the bangor daily news as of late today there is still 100,000 with out power

WmFritz

I was expecting a beer thread. smiley_beertoast

That wet heavy snow combined with warm temps sure plays havoc.

~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

rick f

Snowstorm I'm about 90 miles from you and we got mostly slush then alittle snow. 3" max but the wind did blow hard gusts in the 40's here. I have a friend in Belgrade that started a generator business this past spring. He said in mid Oct. they were very busy so I can only imagine what they are like right now. Generators of Maine is there page if you or anybody needs them. We went down 131 to go to his wedding a couple weeks ago.

664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

chester_tree _farmah

I am still on generator. Can't imagine not  having one this time of year in these parts. Mine is only 6000 watts but keeps us in comfort with the wood stove and gas grill. Hot water, Internet and satellite etc works too. I get my Internet from a tower on a near by mountain so it doesn't work with out power to run the transmitter.
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Southside

Going to be 71 here today, at least I won't need the A/C if the power goes out so my welder generator would work for me... :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

snowstorm

dsgsr

Got it back at 11:40am yesterday :)

David
Northlander band mill
Kubota M59 TLB
Takeuchi TB175 Excavator
'08 Ford 550 dump
'87 International Dump
2015 Miller 325 Trailblazer Welder/Gen

snowstorm

the power lines only go up my road about 2 miles from what i can see there is one 6" fir tree hitting the wire. so cut that one tree and snap the fuse back in and we would be on. i havnt seen a cmp truck on this road yet. my miller bobcat works great runs the whole house but it costs about $3 per hr to run it

LeeB

I reminded all my circle to check their gennies after reading this post. Sorry for your troubles, but glad you posted.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

chester_tree _farmah

I hear u snowstorm. Been there before. If I had a pole to snap my breaker back in I would have more than once.

They showed up here this morning and I have it back now. It was too hairy to mess with myself this time. One tree had that line bowed rigth down and the line didn't pull out of the pole. Hats off to the boys who put my lines in. Figured it was best to let them take the weight off slowly from a bucket. I could get charged since it was my private line but usually they don't if it is a big incident like this. But that was Bangor Hydro. Emera owns them now so we will see if I get a bill.

Hang in there - at least u got the old blue to keep u comfy.  ;D
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

snowstorm

chester_tree _farmah

254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Thank You Sponsors!