iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Maine Grits

Started by Skip, October 25, 2014, 11:11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skip

On our recent trip Down East I was pleasantly supprised to see grits  :o  on the menu at an outstanding restaurant we at breakfast at every morning just outside of Bar Harbor. And they was GOOD!  :) Bye the way that's some pretty country you guys got up there and super friendly people.

thecfarm

Have to keep the Out of Staters happy.   ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dave Shepard

Must not have been a native Maine restaurant. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Skip

YA  :D well you folks sure did, the blueberry pancakes and lobster omlet were outa this world. Don't know if this allowed but it was Mainly Meats , said it been there along time.

red oaks lumber

ha ha you guys are infected with grits :D :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

ozarkgem

I've been to Bah Hawba  but never saw any grits. It is nice country.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

thecfarm

Just because we import them things for the out of staters,don't mean us Mainers eat them them things. But if a Mainer wants to eat them things that is fine with me. Just don't put them things on my plate.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Brad_S.

I spend about half the year in Maine and have never seen them.
I would have thought Maine grits was an oxymoron.
Were they WICKED good?
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Skip

That they were  :) The restaurant is Mainley Meats They also have a sister place that brews craft beer and BBQ both are outstanding

rick f

664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

Skip

No it is on the island a few miles before you get to Bar Harbor on the left side of the road across from the big miniature golf course .

Thank You Sponsors!