iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

CNC Router build video clip added

Started by GAmillworker, July 21, 2013, 08:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAmillworker

My CNC build.  I used a Weeke BP15 that I purchased at an auction.  Did some major modifications so I can cut 5'x12'.  I needed to replace servo motors and drives.  I purchased those and a new controller from MachMotion.  Re-used 10hp router spindle with quick change spindles.  I'll get some finished pics tomorrow.

Thank the Lord for second chances

GAmillworker

My CNC build.  I used a Weeke BP15 that I purchased at an auction.  Did some major modifications so I can cut 5'x12'.  I needed to replace servo motors and drives.  I purchased those and a new controller from MachMotion.  Re-used 10hp router spindle with quick change spindles.  I'll get some finished pics tomorrow.

beenthere

Looks to be a major CNC build and impressive.

I gather the yellow bridge frame travels in the x direction along a roller system under the green bridge (for lack of better terminology :) )

What products are you planning to turn out?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

GAmillworker

beenthere yes that is correct.  Tomorrow ill post some more pics and a short clip if I can figure it out.  We produced 150 bunk beds for a youth camp in North Carolina.  We did true mortise and tenon connections. All mortises and melamine sheets were done on cnc.  Also we do some custom radius and elliptical moldings.  Some reclaimed heart pine chairs and benches.

DansSawmill

Dan's Sawmill
Custom Sawing since 94
CNC woodworking too
now with a 98' lt40 super

fishpharmer

GAmillworker, your a man of many talents, impressive!!  I'd sure like to visit your operation.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

WDH

I agree with Fish.  You are very resourceful. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

hackberry jake

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

GAmillworker

thanks guys.  fishpharmer if your going to the sycamore project I may be on the way. 

fishpharmer

Thank you, I sent you a pm.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

GAmillworker

drobertson

GA, nice work man, pretty darn cool.  It had to be a fun project,  not to mention it shows potential for profit,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!