iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Classic Cars

Started by Magicman, October 28, 2014, 08:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

My very first car was a '51 Ford Custom with a flat head V8 and I know where it is.  I was rear-ended and it was totaled.  :-\ 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Banjo picker

We had a 1979 mg midget.  But the only pic I have of it is out of focus...enjoyed driving it.  Can't get many car seats in one.  ::) Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

sandhills

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on October 29, 2014, 09:41:26 PM
Quote from: red on October 29, 2014, 09:38:09 PM
390 ?

I think it was a 296......would that be right? It was not a 390.
My dad still has Grandma and grandpa's '68 Galaxie 500, 429 in that one, hasn't ran in years but it was the only car he ever got a speeding ticket in  :D.  They clocked him from a plane to boot, only ticket I think he's ever gotten.

sawguy21

Quote from: Banjo picker on October 29, 2014, 10:42:54 PM
We had a 1979 mg midget.  But the only pic I have of it is out of focus...enjoyed driving it.  Can't get many car seats in one.  ::) Banjo
Mine spent more time beside the road than on it. Between SU carburetors and those DanG Lucas electrical systems... >:( :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Ianab

Lucas, the Crown Prince of Darkness  :D

Those old cars are cool, but it's hard to go past the reliability of a Toyota these days. Sure they where easy enough to fix, but you generally got good practice at doing it.  :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

timberlinetree

When a kid a 4 door muscle car was not cool. Five or so years ago we bought a 69 buick skylark with 4 doors. The kids loved it and the 4 doors where really nice. It was a really cool car in Marcia and my eyes. Funny how time changes things. Thanks for posting all the cool rides!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

timberlinetree

And that Buick was fast, pass everything but a gas station :D
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

sandhills

Quote from: timberlinetree on October 30, 2014, 06:37:25 AM
When a kid a 4 door muscle car was not cool. Five or so years ago we bought a 69 buick skylark with 4 doors. The kids loved it and the 4 doors where really nice. It was a really cool car in Marcia and my eyes. Funny how time changes things. Thanks for posting all the cool rides!
My BIL and I bought a '68 2 door and built a stock car out of it, didn't get the big block version but that little 350 would scream (certain adjustments were made  ;)).  Unfortunately we didn't have the brains to set up the suspension right and learned very quick that GM parts are GM parts and Buick parts are Buick parts  :-\.

Raider Bill

Among the many different oldies I've had over the years I've had a couple Buick Ragtops. One thing that I always liked was the Power Slide transmissions.
Wild Bill has this 51 International Metro Van I gave him for a birthday years ago. It runs and drives, needs a master cyl so he uses it as a solar Kiln for all the wood Danny and Jake gave him.

Figured you'd get a chuckle out of this one I saw the other day

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Woodhauler

Quote from: Raider Bill on October 30, 2014, 03:41:28 PM
Among the many different oldies I've had over the years I've had a couple Buick Ragtops. One thing that I always liked was the Power Slide transmissions.
Wild Bill has this 51 International Metro Van I gave him for a birthday years ago. It runs and drives, needs a master cyl so he uses it as a solar Kiln for all the wood Danny and Jake gave him.

Figured you'd get a chuckle out of this one I saw the other day

been better if the plate was br549!  Anyone remember that number
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Magicman

Quotebeen better if the plate was br549!  Anyone remember that number
Matter of fact, I listed that number in a post last week.  Gotta keep up with Junior Samples.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

samandothers

Dave Shepard

If the world were lit by Lucas, it would be dark.  :D

No classic cars for me. First vehicle was a 1985 Dodge W350 short bed four door four wheel drive. I was a few years ahead of the curve for four door trucks with that one around here. Now, if we're talking hot rods, I have a '99 Dodge Cummins making 500 HP and 1,200 ft/lbs. ;D Passes everything, including the gas stations. I've made many expensive sports cars look stupid with that truck.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

celliott

Don't know if you'd call it a classic or not, but, I pulled a 1987 Mazda RX7, out of a field and got it running and on the road real cheap. That was a fun, fun car to drive. Rotary engine, 5 speed. Still kick myself for getting rid of it  :-\

Now, I own a 1976 Ford F250 4x4, 390 V8, 4 speed manual. 1978 nose on it. Divorced transfer case. It's a bit rough around the edges, needs some work, but it's a cool, tough old truck and I love it.

The dog loves the truck as much as I do. Seriously, I can't get into the truck without him jumping in. Loves to ride in it. It's "his truck"

Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

luvmexfood

Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

ozarkgem

Quote from: celliott on October 30, 2014, 08:13:34 PM
Don't know if you'd call it a classic or not, but, I pulled a 1987 Mazda RX7, out of a field and got it running and on the road real cheap. That was a fun, fun car to drive. Rotary engine, 5 speed. Still kick myself for getting rid of it  :-\

Now, I own a 1976 Ford F250 4x4, 390 V8, 4 speed manual. 1978 nose on it. Divorced transfer case. It's a bit rough around the edges, needs some work, but it's a cool, tough old truck and I love it.

The dog loves the truck as much as I do. Seriously, I can't get into the truck without him jumping in. Loves to ride in it. It's "his truck"

[/quote I love the old Ford trucks from the late 60's and early 70's. I have this vision of getting an old Camper Special 4x4 and putting a Cummins in it. Maybe in my retirement. My second retirement when I actually take time for some projects like that.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

yukon cornelius

I love those 60-70s trucks. at 16 I restored a 67 f250 4x4 with a 352. I would love to find it and get it back. I sold the last cummins truck I built and bought my 1978 f250 4x4 supercab with a 400. its a pretty good truck. it will get a full restore one day also.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

JB Griffin

Now thats what I'm all about there Celliot  ;D 8)
Built Ford Tough.

I've got a '79, 2dr, 2wd, lwb, 300-6, 3 three on the tree, I have dreams about form time to time, 347 w/350hp cam, 5spd, 373 rear end w/ detroit locker, Ford blue w/Mach 1 style go faster stripes.$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :D
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

bartman

Just wondering if others in here have classic cars to keep them busy when not cutting wood. Here's a shot of my 71 International scout II. I'm in the process of building another one to use when I put this one away for the winter. After that I have a 56 I.H. pickup I'm planning to drop on a 73 chevy pu chassis and make a hot rod/rat rod out of.

WmFritz

That's one sweet looking Scout.
Look forward to seeing that pickup.

I've got a '74 CJ5 in need of TLC that my wife used to race. It's on my 'to do' list.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

bigred1951

nice looking scout. My uncle has a 56 s120 4x4 that him and my papaw bought off my papaw brother long ago. It has been sitting since at least early to mid 80s. Has a factory pto dump pickup bed and had a snow plow on the front. I know we still have the plow itself but anything else no clue. My uncle and papaw bought it put dual wheels on the back and bolted the bed down. Then put a big pto winch in the bed and built a boom and turned it into a wrecker for the garage they use to run. I dream of one day getting it up and running and driving but it will need alot of work.

sawguy21

I am a hard core old truck guy but no money or shop space to deal with them at the moment. Have my eye on a 59 Travelall 4X4, it has been rode hard and put up wet but appears to be complete. It likely was a logging crew bus. My first was a 64 Chev short box, DanG I wish I had it now.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

scgargoyle

I'm working on getting my '72 Ford F-250 Camper Special back on the road.
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

bartman

Quote from: WmFritz on December 10, 2014, 07:22:12 PM
That's one sweet looking Scout.
Look forward to seeing that pickup.

I've got a '74 CJ5 in need of TLC that my wife used to race. It's on my 'to do' list.
thanks. I had a 76 cj-7 year's ago. I was in a off-road club and ended up rolling it and totaling it out.

bartman

Quote from: bigred1951 on December 10, 2014, 07:39:05 PM
nice looking scout. My uncle has a 56 s120 4x4 that him and my papaw bought off my papaw brother long ago. It has been sitting since at least early to mid 80s. Has a factory pto dump pickup bed and had a snow plow on the front. I know we still have the plow itself but anything else no clue. My uncle and papaw bought it put dual wheels on the back and bolted the bed down. Then put a big pto winch in the bed and built a boom and turned it into a wrecker for the garage they use to run. I dream of one day getting it up and running and driving but it will need alot of work.
sounds like a awesome rig

Thank You Sponsors!