iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Red Snow

Started by Magicman, March 14, 2015, 01:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

This Camellia has been blooming for about a month and is now starting to loose it's blooms.

It's fallen petals on the ground are still providing beauty.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

Where's the mockingbird? When I was kid in Fla every decent Camilia I knew of had a mockingbird nesting in it and they would get real defensive. My uncle had a boxer dog he brought up to Grandma's to visit and the dog never learned. Every time he'd walk past the bush the mother bird attacked him. Picked bare a big patch of hair off one hip. Poor old dog would not have hurt a flea and could not figure out why that bird was attacking him.

Nice bush. Hope you are enjoying the nice weather. Our snow is just gone except for the big piles and they can't last much longer. Hopefully the ground will dry out and we can get some things done.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

Yup, but we are wet from the rain.  I trimmed the Crepe Myrtles this morning.

No sawing this week, but I should be able to saw next week. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

I sure miss the southern climate, at least this time of year! our weather is pretty close to the same with the small exception to the hard polar chills that move in, robins are all over the yard and the hens are laying, and the sap on this pine is bout to get all over me! really, these frozen logs are bleeding badly, makes me wonder if there is such a thing as pine syrup ;D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

WV Sawmiller

@drobertson

Yes. Its called turpentine.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

loggah

The only "RED" snow we got around here is where ATF has been leaking !! ;D
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

drobertson

Mercy sakes, been tagged a few times lately :D  and not just the pine sap it seems ;D  the wife has kinda been on me for dragging this to the wash ;D  I reckon those rental clothes are a pretty good option?  still figure pine sap would make some good something other than kerosine ;D  smells good, burns good, guess they have figured that out!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

bhall

loggah I had some of that red snow just last week.

Lynn, that is a right fine looking bush you have there, and that red snow is like a velvet carpet, much nicer than my ATF snow.

Them Mocking birds can be down right noisy, and they imitate so many other birds.
Around here they get vocal at night some times, a very strange bird.
Bob
97 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic/Lombardini
Life is good on the Catawba path

Joe Hillmann

Up here red snow means there is a corn dryer within a couple miles up wind of you.  In the spring when the snow is melting and the conditions are just right every step you take in the snow looks  like a bloody footprint.

coxy

that was a relief  :) saw who the poster was and thought the worst  you got me MM  :D :D :D

Magicman

Thanks, but what could possible make you think that about me.   ;D

coxy

your always posting pics of your booboos  :) :) 8) 8)

r.man

Why does a corn drier produce red airborne dust?
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

sandhills

The chaff is red, there is also white chaffed corn.  I would bet that's what you're seeing.
Edit, I also hate the white chaff, seems to plug my nose worse  ::)

Joe Hillmann

Quote from: sandhills on March 18, 2015, 05:23:33 PM
The chaff is red, there is also white chaffed corn.  I would bet that's what you're seeing.
Edit, I also hate the white chaff, seems to plug my nose worse  ::)

That is what it is and the first spring rain and all the roofs look like they are dripping blood.

Thank You Sponsors!