iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Guess who stopped?

Started by thecfarm, December 22, 2016, 07:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

A trucker that drives a logging truck.  :)   :)
Brenda got into an accident. She is fine. Someone hit her and she drove off the road. It was about 34°. He offered to get her up into his rig. With her knees and legs no way she could of done that. He waited until the police came and than took off. The person that hit her did not even offer that much.  ::) I guess they just stood in the driveway and looked at her. She called me and I left work and stayed with her and did some running around and than went back to work.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

lopet

Glad your wife is fine.  Around here 95 % of the truckers are good guys, putting in some long hours.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Peter Drouin

She's ok is good to hear. How's the car?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

bill m

It's scary when you get that call that someone close to you has been in an accident. Good to hear she is ok. She will probably be a little sore tomorrow. So how did the car make out? Is it drivable or will she be without wheels for a while?
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

thecfarm

It's a subaru outback. Like a lot of cars,it has that foot wide"bumper" in front. That looks unhooked from the front fender and some more plastic around the fender is unhooked. Maybe some tire rod damage?? Who knows. It's at the body shop. With wet snow on the road and the tire was flat,I was not really in the mood to crawl under it. Looked like some other pieces of plastic was hanging underneath it too. It looked like all the damage was on the right side. Up to the shop to decide what is wrong.
She will be without wheels for a while. If the accident reports gets in,we can get a rental.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Wow Ray, I hope that Brenda will be OK.  Keep us updated.

Yup, hard working folks have the "right stuff" and can always be depended upon when the chips are down.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

Watch her, sometimes an injury will show a day or two later.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

With knee replacement back in Sept,and other things going, on my eyes don't leave her too often.
I suspect she will be sore this morning.
She is still sleeping. The other night she was awake most of the night. She was planning what she was going to cook the next few days for Christmas.  :) I woke up a few times and saw the light from her phone. She had the headphones on looking for recipes. She can not bring her recipes books into to bed. Someone does not like the light on when someone else is trying to sleep.  :D
In fact after the accident,I had to take her shopping to buy stuff for what she wanted to cook with. That's where she was going.

bushmechanic

Glad the missus is ok. Nothing worse than an injury at Christmas! 8)

Ed_K

Glad she's ok, I'd worry about the knee ,a little bump can change things. I'm surprised the other party even stopped, they don't around here.
Ed K

Savannahdan

Know what you mean about lights and sleeping.  My wife likes to play games on her c-phone.  Some of the games make noises. Anyway, glad to hear she was okay enough to be home and we'll pray for her healing.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

thecfarm

$2 shy of the $3500 mark will get her back on the road.
She appears to be fine. Busy cooking for Christmas. Nothing going on Monday,things closed up early Friday. Just have to wait.

Roxie

Relieved to hear she is okay.  Thankful for the truck driver.
Say when

Thank You Sponsors!