iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

View from my easy chair...

Started by Ianab, November 15, 2005, 02:36:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

View from my easy chair tonight  :)
I do like digital cameras with a real zoom lens  :)

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Texas Ranger

DanGed if it dont look like the same thing we got down here, purty, aint it?
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Tom

I've been watching that big, round rascal for several days now as I come home from work.  I wish I had a camera that would take a decent picture of it.   When the moon is big like that and  hanging close to the horizon, the atmosphere creates a lense that makes it look even larger.   Lately I've felt that I could reach out and touch it if I could just get a little closer.

asy

Gorgeous, isn't it Ian!

Stephanie's doing a project on the moon, and they have to draw a picture of what the moon looks like every night for a month, she thought last night was a full moon and tonight was another, and was touting it as a "blue moon".

hehe

asy :D

Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

jkj

Around here the official full moon is Sept 7 at 2:43 pm (not long from now).

Have her check out  Sky and Telescope for a comprenensive article on the Blue Moon, including a discussion on the "second moon this month".

JKJ
LT-15 for farm and fun

asy

Thanks for that!

I did explain to her that a full moon, by definition could only occur after the 28th of the month, since the moon as a 28 day cycle and the Blue Moon is the second full moon in the month, it'd have to be after the 28th.

I told her to keep an eye out just after the first of each month so she can see when there's likely to be a blue moon.

I'll print the article out and she can take it to school!

ta

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Timburr

Ian, do you realise your moon photo was only an hour or so away from a partial or penumbral eclipse.
The science boffins reckon there was a partial lunar eclipse over Europe, Africa, Asia and parts of Australasia.

We had a partial eclipse about 20 minutes after the sun had set and my goodness, what a sight to see. 8) 8) A big hulking moon, right on the horizon. Looked just like 'Johny onions' with his tilted beret (Johnny Onions was the name given to the onion peddlars, who came across from France at the beginning of the last century on bicycles.....he's in all the old picture books ;D )
Sense is not common

Tom

How did they get across the channel, big tires or were they peddlin' real fast?  ???

Timburr

Must have been peddlin' real fast. They WERE onion peddlars. :D
Sense is not common

Thank You Sponsors!