iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna warranty in regards to milling

Started by Upstatewoodchuc, April 09, 2018, 08:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Upstatewoodchuc

You guys are great here, alot if exoerexper in one place! I'm not sure what type of cylinder is on it to be honest, haven't had the motor apart yet, it still is running and working, just reminds me of a snowmobile with a tired motor despite having 152 psi. Although 152 could still be a low number if the top end is some aftermarket high compression monstrosity lol
Current collection: Husky 3120xp,  372xp, 365, husky 55, homelite xl12. Michigan 85 wheel loader, Ford 8n with loader and forks. Farmall super C, 1988 international dump truck, John Deere 440ICD dozer, 19ft equipment trailer, 40 ton TSC splitter, modified dieder splitter with 4 way.

Upstatewoodchuc

Alright, I know you guys like closure so here it is lol. My 394xp must have actually been recently rebuilt as the last owner had said, as it has really started to run well. I've run about 40 tanks through milling since and it's gotten noticeably stronger down low where it used to grab the chain to a stop in a wide piece and bog the saw down mid cut. I may still end up buying a new 395xp just to have before the stop making them, but my 394 has turned into much more saw then I thought it was, very weird as I've never had a saw or any equipment really take that long to come fully out of the cage. 8)
Current collection: Husky 3120xp,  372xp, 365, husky 55, homelite xl12. Michigan 85 wheel loader, Ford 8n with loader and forks. Farmall super C, 1988 international dump truck, John Deere 440ICD dozer, 19ft equipment trailer, 40 ton TSC splitter, modified dieder splitter with 4 way.

JohnW

Nothing better than a milling saw that does the job, but I must ask, what are you cutting, and what were you cutting?  You must be cutting a lot of it, whatever it is.

Upstatewoodchuc

I'm sawing a ton of white pine 2x6's, 6x6's, 4x4's, 2x4's, some beams and some slabs. Alot of it is lumber that will be used in a building resto, going to have to make some oak sill beams also. You're right, I've been using the heck out of this poor 394 lol

Upstatewoodchuc

And to be honest the 40 tanks isn't as much as it sounds like in a 394 milling, some slabs in a 12ft piece take an entire tank of gas by the time I let the saw idle down after.

Thank You Sponsors!