iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

valmet(cranab) post ??

Started by wesley, November 14, 2013, 07:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wesley

So recently purchased a 94 valmet 544 forewarder which I ran a little b4 buying but not a long time.I Have been getting aquainted with it in my shop and running it a little around the house, when I ran it long enough to warm up fluids the lift cylinder started leaking extensivly outside of the gland. After taking it apart  there seems to be a lot of damage, in looking at the post and ears it apears to me that the post maybe broke off just above the ears and was welded back on.

Any body familiar with these loaders enough to be able to tell me if the post is spose to be all one piece (no welds), is it cast, and if so has any one been able to weld them succesfully? I am getting the cylinder rebuilt and my worry is the post was just welded to sell and will break off again.

I am trying to get info from the company I bought it from or at least the name of the previous owner. But not getting much help.

thanks much

coxy

good luck with the company telling you any thing  :o

MUDDY

I run the same machine. I'll check it out when i get to the job this morning. After I get out of the bow stand.

Thank You Sponsors!