iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Doctors Don't Know Everything

Started by David Freed, February 26, 2017, 05:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Freed

About 6 months ago, doctors told my son and his wife that the little boy she was carrying had two very rare brain disorders. None of them had seen both occur together. The doc's said he had about a 1% chance of being born alive and if he made it that far, he wouldn't live a month.

When he was born, they got him stabilized and sent him home to die.

That was six weeks ago. He is still slowly improving. I and many others believe answered prayer is why he is still here.

Magicman

Every day of life is a gift, and is very precious.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

gspren

Prayer can often help and never hurts, posting here will get you more prayers than you will ever know about. Almost 65 years ago my parents were told their infant son wouldn't make it through the night and their pastor came to the hospital to sit and pray with them, I'm still kicking.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Autocar

God is good all the time prayers your way.
Bill

POSTON WIDEHEAD

So far seems like a miracle. God has a plan thats not in a medical book. 
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

paul case

Doctors ''practice'' medicine.

The One we pray to made us and He knows what He is doing.

Hang in there David. We will be doing the only thing we can do. Praying for your Gson.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

doctorb

All doctors flunked Prediction in med school.  They just don't know it.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Greyhound

Quote from: David Freed on February 26, 2017, 05:44:17 PM
About 6 months ago, doctors told my son and his wife that the little boy she was carrying had two very rare brain disorders. None of them had seen both occur together. The doc's said he had about a 1% chance of being born alive and if he made it that far, he wouldn't live a month.

When he was born, they got him stabilized and sent him home to die.

That was six weeks ago. He is still slowly improving. I and many others believe answered prayer is why he is still here.
Of course doctors (like me) don't know everything, nor can we see into the future.  The sooner you and everyone else realizes this, the better off you will all be.  However, we do our very best to give patients and their families the best, factual, though always incomplete information that we can to help them make the best decisions for themselves and their loved ones.  Trust me, any doctor who has practiced for more than a couple of months (I'm going on 16 yrs) has been humbled many times over.  Mother nature is predicable at the level of populations, but never ceases to amaze us in any individual case.  For example, when my mother was diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer, I knew there was <5% chance she would be alive in 5 years.  Well, she lived about 5 years, so she  was one-in-twenty.  However, I know WAY too many friends and family who have had loved ones diagnosed with lung cancer, only to loose them in a few weeks or a few months.  I'm glad things are going well for you!  I truly hope it continues.

low_48

Hoping for the best for your family David.

Some of my favorite medical reading is about the placebo effect. Often the human mind can be the best drug.

yukon cornelius

We will add your family to our prayers!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

David Freed

He is still gaining ground.

A couple weeks ago he began holding eye contact and grinning when you talk to him.

gspren

Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

sandhills

That is great news David, thanks for the update.

Thank You Sponsors!