iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 385 oiler - too much oil

Started by Voytek Jarnot, October 19, 2006, 09:20:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voytek Jarnot

Got a problem with my 385. The oiler works too well and the adjustment screw seems to not make much if any difference. Chain is getting oil, and a bunch more oil just seeps out under full throttle around (the top of) the clutch cover and drips from out of the saw.

I took off the bar cover and the stamped metal plate that sits between the bar and the saw. Ran the saw that way (without bar and chain, of course) and can see that I've got oil shooting out of the oiler tube above the bar and also out of the breather in the case of the saw.

I twiddled around with the breather valve, and it seems to have sealed up - but I need to do more testing. It seemed to be ok when I was running without a bar - so I could see what was happening - but after reassembly, I'm still over-oiling.

Regardless, it doesn't seem right that I'd have bar oil seeping out from the top of the clutch cover.

Any ideas?

rebocardo

If the oiler is anything like the oiler in a Husky 365, what can happen is the screw is turned too far either way and the pot metal housing breaks so it is stuck at what point it broke. In your case, all the way. Look to see when turning the screw if it actually moves or just spins in place.

Thank You Sponsors!