iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My small time operation

Started by CX3, January 21, 2011, 08:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbender

I was told a forestry tube is $250, just the tube, not including labor for installing it. I had to give up knocking 2-3" limbs off of the pine I was cutting by running them over, it was getting too expensive ::)
Too many irons in the fire

Ed_K

I just paid 125 for a natural rubber casing,don't buy ag radial,they won't hold up.I had to replace the right front, the old tire had 3 canvas's showing.The new used is at 10%,paid 200 for it.I can't afford 1700 right now.I run ag tires on the 4x4 tractor but can't justify them on the skidder,there's just to much on the ground you don't see.
CX3 nice logs.I need a load of $ logs to get caught up  ;) .Seems we all need a catch up,I really thought things would pick up by the 4 qt 2010.Maybe 2011 :( .
Ed K

Bobus2003

Quote from: barbender on January 27, 2011, 11:24:52 AM
I was told a forestry tube is $250, just the tube, not including labor for installing it. I had to give up knocking 2-3" limbs off of the pine I was cutting by running them over, it was getting too expensive ::)

Last tube i got for my skidder was 2 years ago, and it was $100.. I don't pay to have the tires fixed i do it all myself.. not too bad to do, use the skid steer to break the bead, and a spud bar and a 8lb hammer gets the tire off the rim

CX3

Thanks Ed_K.  Keep hackin it will come around. Its slow for everyone not just us timber dwellers
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

Thank You Sponsors!