iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

belsaw parts

Started by kmdfarm, November 13, 2018, 10:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmdfarm

am wondering if any one out there knows where i mite get log dog assembly mine are homemade with the handle sticking out front and can be hit very easily as ive already done it!! hopefully didnt ruin my blade any help i would be grateful for

moodnacreek

Bellsaw  dogs [the late model style] don't work that great but are usable when you get used to them. You have to use both hands to keep them from going too deep. I could never teach those who helped me how to make them work. Maybe that's the reason yours are home made. I do have some hanging on the wall but am not allowed to sell here and you might not be satisfied with them. There are many bellsaw mills out there rusting away.

kmdfarm

mines gonna be one of them rusting if i cant find some good dogs these are just plain dangerous!!! and scary! makes me not want to saw if id have known wouldnt have bought it

Downstream

I hate to say it but I was at an estate auction today where what appeared to be a belsaw mill that had not run for a long time was for sale.  There was no blade but I just looked at some photos online and it sure looked like an M-14.  It sold for $85.   There was this and a woodmizer lt40 hd from late 80's.  The was a bunch of other support items that all went cheap because nobody even the auctioners knew what any of it was.
EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

bandmiller2

There are many dog setups that can be installed on your Bsaw especially some used on band mills, you just change their plain of operation. Instead of clamping from the side you clamp top to bottom. Bsaw carriages are so flexable sometimes its a problem clamping logs as they want to loosen as the carriage travels. Keep scraps of wood near the mill to chock the logs stable. You will probably have to design or copy log dogs for your mill. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!