iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Making gifts with the sawmill

Started by Barry S, November 15, 2018, 11:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry S

Anyone else cut things out to make Christmas gift with your mill. I milled a few boards to make some things

BenTN

I have been picking thru the slab pile and cutting small pieces to quickly dry in oven. Small decorative signs, carved bowls and charcuterie boards is my goal for everyone this year.

WV Sawmiller

Never heard of a Charcuterie board before. Had to look it up. I did not know I was mixing with such high society folks. I am impressed. I wonder if any of that class with rub off on me? :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Wallys World

We are Christmas vendors at the Lynchburg Community Market in downtown Lynchburg VA. One of our "claim to fame" is that all of our wood craft items are made from trees off of our property. This year we have red cedar and black walnut items to sell along with all of our wreaths, swags and garland.

A few years back.
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

BenTN

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on November 16, 2018, 10:07:17 AM
   Never heard of a Charcuterie board before. Had to look it up. I did not know I was mixing with such high society folks. I am impressed. I wonder if any of that class with rub off on me? :D

You should come out from between those West By-God Virginia hills every now and then and get some culture haha. Charcuterie board, cutting board, biscuit, it's just something to serve ham and other cured meats on. It's all about the marketing see...

sumday

Wally's World my parents are vendors at the Lynchburg market also. I'll have to look you up if I get downtown one of these weekends.

GAB

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on November 16, 2018, 10:07:17 AM
Howard being an alum of the University of Science, Music, and Culture (USMC) you are probably somewhat case hardened.  I'd like to think it's possible, however it may take some time.  :D :o ::)  
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

thecfarm

Charcuterie board,almost anything to do with meat has to be good!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WV Sawmiller

I ain't real sure all that class and culture is good fer you. Cud do some serious damage especially wen all the fella wanted was a biscuit tray and a meat carvin' board. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

jb616

Building my granddaughter a coloring table and chairs out of some Cherry that I cut last spring!

WV Sawmiller

I'm thinking I am going to cut up an assortment of small wood blocks using different species so I get different colors, different sizes and lengths, cut a few small cookies off a small piece of firewood for wheels, faces, pepperoni on wooden pizzas, and bore some holes in some of the pieces and cut up a dowel or two to fit the holes I drilled and give that to my will be 2 y/o grandson next month for his birthday/Christmas. Then he can assemble them any way he feels lead.
Howard Green

Thank You Sponsors!