iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

RIP Hank

Started by customsawyer, March 07, 2019, 07:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

I don't know if this is the right spot to put this or if it's been said before.
Hank was the man that ran the Baker mills at most of the shows and the shoot out. I've learned that he passed away yesterday in a logging accident. I always enjoyed spending time with him and his wife at the different shows around the country. I will truly miss seeing him. Prayers to his family in their time of need.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Crossroads

I'm sorry for your loss 
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

sawguy21

That is sad, my thoughts go out to his family and friends.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

AZ_builder

Hate to hear this stuff. Prayers for him and his. 

Jeff

Very sad to hear. 
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

123maxbars

Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Nomad

Sad news indeed.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

47sawdust

Hank was quite the sawyer and a great person as well.I never met him in person.We talked on the phone and he was always willing to share information.He was a very talented man.So sorry to he hear of his death.
Everyone be careful out there.

Hank Somero
New Ipswich,New Hampshire
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

thecfarm

Anyone that logs and has a sawmill has to be a good person.
That is some sad news to hear.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Sorry to hear of the passing of your friend!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

dgdrls

Hank Somero Obituary - Jaffrey, NH | Monadnock Ledger-Transcript

I had the opportunity to meet him briefly at the Boonville Logging show a couple years back.
Very sad,

D

Two Trax

Sorry to hear of this. Seems the old adage "Only the good die young" is too often true. RIP and condolences to the family.
Livin the dream!

4x4American

RIP

Met him a few times at shows and watched him saw.  Old boy knew how to open up a log.  
Boy, back in my day..

moodnacreek

Never spoke to the guy but I do remember the Baker demos at the shows. Sounds like another good man down, so sad.

UpInATree

Hank will always be remembered as a "gentle man" as he was described above.  I only met him a few times but had the opportunity to talk with him for a while as we lived nearby.  Great sawyer and human being.  You will be missed Hank!
Wood-mizer LT70HD D55 Wireless, Wood-Mizer ED-26, A whole bunch of Stihls. Alaskan Mill 74",  Bucket Truck, Log Truck, Chippers, trailers, dump trucks,   Kubota M9540, L3010D and B7510. Cord King.   Learning Timberframing under Jim Rogers

burtle

RIP and condolences to the family.
Never Give Up

tractormanNwv

Thoughts and prayers to his family. Sorry to hear this.

Sawman815

I was saddened to hear of Hank's untimely passing. I was able to spend some time with him and his wife at the Paul Bunyan shows. I had the privilege of having dinner with him a couple of times and really enjoyed discussing his sawing and work working projects. Hank was a well spoken, hard working family man. He was a great Sawyer and woodworker. He will definitely be missed. 
Thoughts and prayers for his family.  

newoodguy78

RIP

I never met the man but had the privilege of building with some lumber he sawed and also did some take offs/ cut lists that people were going to have him saw out for them. A very respected hardworking man in the local community that produced a quality product fairly.

Condolences sent to his family

Thank You Sponsors!