iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What to do with saw-dust on socks???

Started by Robert Long, March 06, 2007, 04:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polly

8) 8  jerry crowler use to tell a story about marcell leddbetter cutting pulp wood  the way i rember it marcell wore bib overhauls no shirt  no socks or shoes and drinked only soda water i gfuess he stopped by the rain barrel outside his house dipped in his feet and then went on in mebby you all could learn from him  :D :D :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8)

trim4u2nv

Put them on the end of a electric leaf blower (like a dust bag) before washing and most of the stuff will be pushed off.  Of course you should do this outside to prevent toxic fume buildup.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Robert Long

Hey, WDH      ;D ;D

That's too simple!   But very cold in the winter up here! :D :D

Robert

WDH

Yes, I bet no socks and steel-toed boots are a real adventure.  One day I will have to tell the story of this southern boy's trip to the north Wisconsin logging woods trying to act "cool" with my feet freezin' :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

As I told you southern folks before on the boot thread, steal toed boots and 0 F or less don't mix well.  Now take pity on your colleges and make sure they know this before heading north in mid-winter. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

Hey, the safety "police" say that we have to wear them DanG boots around logging equipment......what is a pore fellar to do?

SwampDonkey

There's a few southern pictures of chainsaw'n, tree climb'n and mill'n in the shorts. Ummm...... ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jim_Wahl

I hear they now make some boots with a carbon fiber safety toe that is supposed to be a lot warmer that steel.
1997 Peterson 9" WPF since 1998
2004 Baker 3667D since 2014
Cooks Catclaw sharpener and setter

I am from Iowa, but I seem fine.

Percy

Hahahahahahahahahah

Best thread ever........

When you think about it, the problem(sawdust on socks, in gaunch, etc,) is actually the blessing. Letting you know that you are doing what you love to do.....
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

jrokusek

My wife was reading over my shoulder and said you guys need a set of these:

ohsoloco

Sweet...legwarmers.  You just took me back to 1982  :D

SwampDonkey

I thought it was 1973. The stuff mom thought we had to wear.  ::)

ohsoloco

Could be SD, but I wasn't around til '75  :D  I just remember sitting on the bus coming from Catholic school, and seeing all the hip chicks at the public school wearing those things  ;)

KGNC

I was going to recommend these.

May be hard to find a steel toe version

Robert Long

Hey,KGNC 8)

With legs like that, running a mill would be a picture to see! :D :D :D

Robert

Thank You Sponsors!