iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Books

Started by biziedizie, March 20, 2003, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biziedizie

I was reading a mag today and it was advertising a book called "Wood World" and it gives pics and ways to identify 365 different trees. It looked pretty good from the description and I was wondering if any of you have heard of it?

Steve

MrMoo

Biz,
I haven't heard of it can you give us the publisher?

biziedizie

MrMoo I screwed up with the name, the book is called The Wood Book and the author is Klaus Ulrich Lleistikow.
  They want $95.00 for it but if it's a good book I will pay the price.

Steve

Paul_H

Steve,
A good tree book that you may like is the Tree Book.It is still available from the BC Forest Service.It includes all trees native to BC,how to identify them,uses both modern and traditional.(they were giving them away awhile back)

It fits perfectly in your pocket.Ours are well used by the whole family.

Written by Roberta Parish,Co-published by Canadian Forest Service,BCFS
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

biziedizie

Thanks Paul I will check in to that on Monday. I think that the library might even have a copy of it as they seem to have alot of books that the government puts out.
  Now if I could just find a book that could tell me where I could get a bunch of cedar logs. The local lumber store asked me if I could cut them a whack of 6' fence boards and now I'm scrambling to find some logs.
  I've scheduled Monday to be a mill day and I plan on making calls in the morning to the local tree guys and I plan on visiting a few log dumps to see what I can get.

Steve

Thank You Sponsors!