iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ever seen one of theses?

Started by woodmills1, March 09, 2012, 11:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

woodmills1

I cut the lumber but the customer took out all the old bolts and put the new ones in  :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Okrafarmer

A snow roller. They used to use them to compact the snow.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

dlabrie

The original "snow plow" :D There are some great picts of them in use here http://oldsnowplowequipment.wetpaint.com/page/Snow+Rollers
David in NH

wheelinguy

Never seen one before but my grandmother always talks about when they used to roll the snow!

Holmes

We should thank your customer for the snow roller . That helps to explain the lack of snow this winter. ;D
Think like a farmer.

Magicman

To answer the question, no.  You "snow" guys continually amaze me with snow stuff.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Don't feel bad MM I never saw one in use,just at a museum. It's good to see that old stuff kept alive.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

snowstorm

Quote from: dlabrie on March 10, 2012, 07:07:23 AM
The original "snow plow" :D There are some great picts of them in use here http://oldsnowplowequipment.wetpaint.com/page/Snow+Rollers
nice find. there is a lot more than the snow roller on there. lots of imfo and vids on the lombard log hauler. another vid, bangor me the lumber capital of the world,you could walk from bangor to brewer on the decks of ships. as many as 100 ships there at one time. i have been up that river in a boat in places its not that deep. wounder how many went aground

Brad_bb

That is cool.  Was just the weight of the roller and driver enough???  Or did they have to add ballast?
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

sparky1

I have alot of amish neighbors.. looks like something they would use.  I havnt seen them on that yet
Shaun J

Slabs

What pulls it?

Don't come up with any of that trash about filling it with squirrels and making them run up the forward side.  First lie ain't got a chance.
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

snowstorm

Quote from: Slabs on March 10, 2012, 07:47:08 PM
What pulls it?

Don't come up with any of that trash about filling it with squirrels and making them run up the forward side.  First lie ain't got a chance.
they pulled them with horses. the link has lots of old pictures and vids

Burlkraft

I've seen one before but not since I was a kid. My Grandpa's neighbor had a driveway over a 1/2 mile long and he had several horse drawn implements for various driveway emergencies. He had a roller and he also had ice pack on parts of his driveway til April  :D :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Chuck White

Yup, it's a snow roller!

Used to pack the snow so people have a hard surface to drive on.

There's a really huge one on display at the Adirondack Museum at Blue Mountain Lake, NY.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

Those rollers were in use really before people had cars. People was getting around with sleighs and freight was being moved by sleds. Or the cars were parked for the winter.My Father would always comment on the mild winters about scooting logs to the mills. We would not have enough snow or be too warm or both.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Roxie

Quote from: sparky1 on March 10, 2012, 06:23:40 PM
I have alot of amish neighbors.. looks like something they would use.  I havnt seen them on that yet

The Amish in my area use that type apparatus to keep their lanes open for the milk truck.  It is surprisingly effective and they start when the snow gets about five inches and as long as the snow keeps coming, they'll go out every few hours.

Say when

Al_Smith

I'll bet those horses had a time wading belly deep snow .

Roxie

It never gets that high because by packing it down every few hours, the horse doesn't handle more than five inches it began with.  The first time that I noticed the lanes packed this way, I thought they had been plowed.  A loaded eighteen wheeler travels over it just fine. 

Say when

lumberjack48

On our logging roads i would drag a big log at about 20 degree angle to keep them plowed and smooth, really worked good.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

thecfarm

Those rollers were used the same way as a snow plow. They were used before the snow got deep. Probaly too there were more than one in use too per town or an area.

trailman

i thought it was a poor mans snowmobile trail groomer :D

Andrew Lawrence

A friend of mine built one I think you can find it in " The Northland Journal" search Roland Besaw making new from the old, or something like that 
Lawrence Lot Clearing Logging                            To God be the glory

Thank You Sponsors!