iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just a little blues

Started by Jeff, March 24, 2012, 03:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Den Socling

Love the blues! We use to go to a lot of live shows. Now days I have a new way. Recorded music is obsolete. I thought Sirius was great but then my son turned me onto Pandora. With Pandora, you seed a radio station. Then with likes/dislikes, you train the software that your computer is connected to (website) and it learns to play just what you like. And you can have as many stations as you like. And pause whenever you wish. i recently paused 2 weeks while I was out of town. My song was still waiting when I got back. Now I'll have to go and work on a blues station.

DouginUtah

Whatever you do don't go to iMesh. It took all my regular tools and a new one (x-raypc) to get rid of it.  >:(
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

Left Coast Chris

Great Guitar.   Would be a fitting entertainment selection for the Pig Roast..... :) :)
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Norm

A new one like Pandora is Spotify.

Patty

Gotta love those blues!  8)

We listen to good music every evening during cocktail hour. Pandora is awesome and has introduced us to so much new music.

Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Shotgun

Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I checked out PANDORA......I like it. Now I'll look at Live 365.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

Here's another one from the same guy I really liked.

http://youtu.be/Qi2zlJIJcJk
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

CHARLIE

The Blues are my favorite style of music!  I love to see a guitar that is not abused but is well worn from playing.  I enjoyed that Jeff.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Burlkraft

Why not just 1 pain free day?

Mooseherder

sawguy21

8) I could listen to that all night long. I used to go to a smoky little dive called Blues on Whyte in Edmonton. Sat with my back to the wall but oh man, the music was fabulous.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Norm

okmulch

Norm, that is one of my favorites from Stevie Ray Vaughan!!
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

Kansas

They have a blues fest in the nearest little town to me every year. 9 1/2 hours of blues music. They get the best blues bands out of Kansas City and St. Louis.  Not to mention some great food vendors. They block off some streets and its an outdoors stage. The blues fest is free. That is always on my "can't miss" list. Whole lotta bikers show up to it. People from way around.

Patty

Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

Brucer

Sure are a lot of blues lovers coming out of the closet woodwork all of a sudden ;D.

That was great, Jeff. I managed to download about 40 seconds of it on my dialup connection but that was good enough for me. His CD's are on my birthday wishlist now :).

Patty, have you heard anything by Colin James? He's  Canadian blues player who was mentored by Stevie Ray. In fact SRV gave him his stage name. "Colin Munn? That's not going to work. Everyone will think it's Colin Mud. What's your middle name?"

I'd be hard pressed to name a favourite blues player. There's just so many great ones.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Brucer

So CBC radio has an amazing blues program every Saturday night from 9:00 PM to 11:00 PM (called Saturday Night Blues). It's been running for 25 years now and it's commercial-free :). You can pick it up on Radio One if you live near the border, or on Sirius Satellite, or by podcast. http://www.cbc.ca/snb/

The program style is great. You get a lot of old favourites, but you also get introduced to a lot of up-and-coming blues artists. You can phone in requests as well.

The host, Holger Peterson, know just about everybody on the blues scene. There's nearly always an interview with a blues artist at some point in the program. Sometimes a new voice, and sometimes an old pro.

CHARLIE

Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Roxie

Patty and Norm!!  'Cold Shot' is my favorite!   8)

Say when

BrothersMule

Ah the Blues. Definitely my favorite genre of music. How can you pick a favorite with some many out there SRV, Buddy Guy, BB King, Albert King, the list of greats goes on. Check out the you tube link below. These are two of my favorite and in my opinion 2 of the best playing today. Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks. They are not just blues men they have a wide verity of work but their guitar work and Warrens voice on this one is one of my favorites. If you like rock and blues and have not heard of these two you are missing out. They are the guitarist for the current Allman Brothers lineup and both have their own bands. Derek's wife Susan Tedeski won Blues artist of the year this year at the Gramys also. Check them all three out i think you will enjoy. The Tedeski Trucks Band is an 11 member group Derek and Susan are touring with this year. Susan sings and has a great voice hope you like.  BM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm9kfOdnHc8

CHARLIE

Charlie

Brucer

Quote from: BrothersMule on March 26, 2012, 06:18:52 PM
... Susan sings and has a great voice ...

She's no slouch with the guitar, either.

Here's a little Canadian content: The late Long John Baldry was a great blues player/singer. For two decades he teamed up with Kathi MacDonald -- she's got an amazing voice.

http://youtu.be/403EzGNxzYs

Patty

Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

Thank You Sponsors!