iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

4-53 oil filter

Started by Woodboogah, May 09, 2014, 10:32:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodboogah

I cannot find the oil filter.  I had all the panels off.  I have never changed the filter.  I have had it for a year.  I put oil in it almost everyday and figure its time to change out the filter ( i know bad logic).  I looked for a cartridge or spin on and cannot find it.  Where the heck is it.   The only filter  I can locate are fuel (which I have changed a few times) and hydraulic.  I even went down to the store so I could see which each one (cartridge or spin on) so I knew what I would be looking for.  I feel like a dummy not being able to find it!
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

Ed_K

It's sideways under the blower in line with the oil pan bolts.If it's got the cartraige get the adapter for a spin on (much less hassle).
Ed K

Woodboogah

I'll take another look.  I was probably looking right at it.  Thanks!

Timbercruiser

Did you find it ??  Better change oil more often than once a year . :D

Woodboogah

I know I should of already changed it.  Yes I found it.  It was in the front of the machine in plain site I just assumed it was the hydro filter it looked like it was on the back of the hydro tank but I followed lines and it was the oil filter.  Did not match any filter numbers that I found.  Done now.  Thanks

Tom L

Quote from: Ed_K on May 09, 2014, 12:55:09 PM
It's sideways under the blower in line with the oil pan bolts.If it's got the cartraige get the adapter for a spin on (much less hassle).

x2 on the spin on adaptor, then locate it remotely with some hydraulic lines so it is easy to get to.
those canisters that are on there originally are a real pain to change. I have mine relocated on the outside of the machine where you can just spin it off and replace it.

RKH Logging

x2 on the spin on adaptor, then locate it remotely with some hydraulic lines so it is easy to get to.
those canisters that are on there originally are a real pain to change. I have mine relocated on the outside of the machine where you can just spin it off and replace it.
[/quote]

i was thinking of doing the same thing can you show some pics of how you did it?

Tom L

here is a picture of the remote oil filter mounted outside of my machine,
parts were available from the detroit dealer when I converted it

Thank You Sponsors!