iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What's wrong with the DYNA SC-16

Started by jshwelbaum, June 11, 2014, 01:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jshwelbaum

So i have been tasked with running a wood lot and given the direction to buy a firewood processor. I need to be able to make about 600 cords a year, and also need to be more rugged than portable.  It would seem the the DYNA SC-!6 is a good set up and my boss likes it. So I want to know what is wrong with it. Any thoughts?

beenthere

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

Why should there be something wrong with it?

Sounds like you are ready to get to work.   :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

logman81

They seem to be very well built processors, they pretty much build them any way you want. I think you get a lot of machine for the money. I've been thinking about getting a dyna to .
Precision Firewood & Logging

jshwelbaum

I guess I am sold on one, but want to get a few negitive opinions so when it does not make me a pizza i am not disapointed.

Ivan49

I live an hour from where they are built. In April I toured their factory and talked with the owner who took me around. He answered any questions that I had and showed me how they were built. I was very impressed on how well they are built. I looked at the smaller one but they had all the models outside waiting for pickup. I was told that If I ordered one at that time it would be late Aug early Sept before I would get it as they were backed up on orders. After talking to him I came away with the feeling that they stand 100% behind what they sell. When I asked about warranty on them I was told that they just ship the needed parts out no questions asked.

logman81

Precision Firewood & Logging

stumpjumper83

I have one.  I cut 100% hardwoods like maple, oak, beech, hickory etc.  I like it.  The option for the larger splitter ram is a good one if your going to be in bigger wood.  It seems to do the best with 12' loog wood.  It will take longer but the wood would have to be very true.  The only thing I've modified was to put a quick connect in the oiler line running to the bar to make changing saw chain easier.  For some reason they connected the oiler to the outboard side of the saw mount.  Oh and if your going to be loading triaxle dumps directly a longer conveyor would be nice.  Production is awesome, it lives up to its advertisements in nice wood, fuel use is minimal.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ford_man

I have a dyna SC 14,I had a problem with a valve that controlled the cut, Called them at 11:00 am and had the new valve at 8:00am the next morning. I just wish I could get that kind of service with my computers. splitwood_smiley splitwood_smiley

glassman_48

jshwelbaum,
welcome to the forum, I posted in an earlier post that I thought the overall best 2 processors in the midwest were the twister and dyna processors.  A lot of people have said they get good service on them.  If you get a processor with an attached conveyor, it gives a person a lot of diversity for their machines.  I can use my twister as a small yard processor, or I can take it to someones home and do mobile processing too.  I have taken mine to my buddies acreage and done mobile cutting right in the woods too.  The only negative thing I have ever heard was there are some people that wont buy from amish because of "tax breaks"  that they recieve.  Other people wont use anyone but amish around here for their work.  We have a pretty large amish community just south of us where my brother in law lives.  Another buddy that has a dyna had a complaint about their conveyor not being wide enough and the wood would sometimes get "bunched" up.  My dyna owner friend has an sc-14 and wants to up grade to the 16 too.  There have also been a few used ones for sale not very many 16's mostly 14's.   good luck,,,,,,,ed

Thank You Sponsors!