iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Who are the 81 guest's viewing this board?

Started by Lawg Dawg, July 01, 2018, 10:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

btulloh

Quote from: Magicman on July 09, 2018, 08:19:21 AMSpeak up.  If we all waited until we had something worth posting before posting, nothing would be said.  Many times "off the cuff" remarks will spark interest and a whole 'nother conversation is generated.  

True.  I never have much worth posting, but I post anyway. :D Sometimes I get a conversation.  Sometimes just crickets.  
HM126

Magicman

I have created a couple of topics that never got a single response.  :-\  I have seen others create topics and then get dismayed when they died, but that is just the way it is sometimes.  I do not have the statistics but I have watched topics easily get 100 views to one response.  Other times a topic may sit for several days and then seemingly explode with interest.

I have also seen a small off the cuff comment be the exact answer that I was needing.  I have also gotten answers without even knowing that there was a better or easier way.  The Forestry Forum Rocks with it's vast knowledge base and the willingness of the members to help and share their experience.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Lawg Dawg

Quote from: Magicman on July 09, 2018, 09:28:43 AM
I have created a couple of topics that never got a single response.  :-\  I have seen others create topics and then get dismayed when they died, but that is just the way it is sometimes.  I do not have the statistics but I have watched topics easily get 100 views to one response.  Other times a topic may sit for several days and then seemingly explode with interest.

I have also seen a small off the cuff comment be the exact answer that I was needing.  I have also gotten answers without even knowing that there was a better or easier way.  The Forestry Forum Rocks with it's vast knowledge base and the willingness of the members to help and share their experience.
Absolutely correct MM, the reason I posted this question!
2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc, 2019 t595 Bobcat track loader,
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

btulloh

Quote from: Magicman on July 09, 2018, 09:28:43 AMI have also seen a small off the cuff comment be the exact answer that I was needing.  I have also gotten answers without even knowing that there was a better or easier way.  The Forestry Forum Rocks with it's vast knowledge base and the willingness of the members to help and share their experience

Absolutely.  I've never posted a question that didn't get answered.  Even when the question has been answered a 100 times over the years.  I can't imagine where I'd be without the help and info I've gotten here.
HM126

btulloh

Since this topic started I have been checking out the stats at the bottom from time to time.  Right now it shows 595 guests . It seems like the number of guests hss been steadily going up.  Nothing wrong with guests and traffic. Just interesting. Seems like there has been an increase in the number of new members and new mills too. Do you think sawmilling is the new fad sweeping the country?
HM126

Lawg Dawg

Quote from: btulloh on July 24, 2018, 08:35:42 PM
Since this topic started I have been checking out the stats at the bottom from time to time.  Right now it shows 595 guests . It seems like the number of guests hss been steadily going up.  Nothing wrong with guests and traffic. Just interesting. Seems like there has been an increase in the number of new members and new mills too. Do you think sawmilling is the new fad sweeping the country?
I'm also intrested in this... :) Good observations!
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

Grizzly

I joined up cause I saw a bunch of guys doing what I wanted to do and I needed to learn. All is good in that regards. Then I started reading and got to know some folks better cause they post a bunch more than some others. Again all is good. Then I started to learn about "Da Goat" and skirts and purple drank and such and more......... and it was almost too much! Had I known about some of this earlier would I have raced to become a member just cause I figured he must be a great guy? Or would I have remained an unknown guest never quite sure whether to join such craziness? Ya gots to wunder??   ;D ;D
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Lawg Dawg

Quote from: Grizzly on July 25, 2018, 11:26:18 AM
I joined up cause I saw a bunch of guys doing what I wanted to do and I needed to learn. All is good in that regards. Then I started reading and got to know some folks better cause they post a bunch more than some others. Again all is good. Then I started to learn about "Da Goat" and skirts and purple drank and such and more......... and it was almost too much! Had I known about some of this earlier would I have raced to become a member just cause I figured he must be a great guy? Or would I have remained an unknown guest never quite sure whether to join such craziness? Ya gots to wunder??   ;D ;D
Yep, this is THE place to learn about foresty!  I mostly kept quiet for the first 7 years of my milling adventure.  Just absorbing knowledge and putting it to work.  But after I was able to upgrade to the 40 wide earlier this year...just felt like I had something to be proud of and share some of my experiences with this group, that unknowingly helped me so much over the years! :P

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

redbeard

The goats (i mean guests) count dose rise when Da Goat is online. 
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Thank You Sponsors!