iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wide pine flooring

Started by Dave Shepard, March 10, 2007, 10:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

We have finally gotten all of the miscellaneous tinkering done in the mill and we finally got some nice weather to get something done in the mill.

We have an order for 1200 sq.ft. of 22" pine flooring.

We got 12 23" boards out of this one log. After we get them dried we will joint and plane them and send them to NYC. We found it was easier to open up the log with an Alaskan mill and then load it on the mill.

Here is the invaluable Mr. Magoo oiling up the twin 394XP mill.

And his intrepid assistant, Eddie the sawmill dog.

All in all a good afternoon at the mill.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Dave Shepard

I haven't gone down to see them yet but we have several truckloads of white oak, red oak, and white pine that are supposedly all 3'+ and 60' to the first branch. If they get too big we will probably quarter them before we put them on the mill. It is a lot of bull work, but seeing a big stack of wide boards sure makes up for it. 8)

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Captain

Get them to the yard, Dave and I'll break them down for 'ya.  I was in your area on Friday, wished I had your phone # with me.

Captain

Dave Shepard

Captain, PM me if you know you are going to be out here again. I can give you a tour of the operation. I have often thought that a swinger or slabber would be a great way to glean some smaller boards off of the big logs before they go on the mill.

Dave

Thank You Sponsors!