iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Question about statistics...

Started by Paschale, November 29, 2005, 12:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paschale

I've just been checking out the statistics feature--it's kinda fun to learn about different parts of the forum.  It was interesting to be able to see when people are most active, and where they spend most of their time.  I'm curious though how the software determines activity stats.  There's a section that shows most popular boards by measuring posts, and then there's one right next to it that lists the most popular based on the percentage of time spent in each of those boards.  But, what I can't figure out is that if you add up the total percentage points from that statistic, you don't arrive at 100%.  I'm just curious how the system comes up with that information.   ??? :P
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Furby

I don't have a clue.
I've never been able to figure out why it lists one board that I'm hardly ever at or post in as the Most Popular Boards By Activity.

Just wanted to point out, Paschale is talking about the personal stats.
Here is a link to the forum stats as well:
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=stats

sprucebunny

I believe that many of the statistics show what percentage your posts are of the total on THAT board rather than a percentage of your posts or activity in general.

Does that make sense ???
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Paschale

Now THAT is making sense to me there, Joan.   :P  Thanks for edicatin' me!
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Furby

Well Bunny, you nailed that one! 8)
Good job!
The numbers sure do match, although I'm not really sure how that info is important, but it's there. smiley_headscratch

Jeff

Joan is exactly right, I started to answer this earlier and got hollered at that I was late for Physical therapy and forgot about it after i took off.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30