iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Opening up logs/fancy sawing

Started by 4x4American, January 25, 2015, 10:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pine

Kensfarm
That is a nice set of ash boards you have there.

Magicman

QuoteMagic Man, that is the School of Hard Knots!

Or this.......and many more.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

kensfarm

Quote from: pine on January 27, 2015, 04:55:26 PM
Kensfarm
That is a nice set of ash boards you have there.

Thankyou..  I was dangblang pleased myself.

But it did come from a nice butt log.. thanks to Sandy.

Ga Mtn Man

Quote from: kensfarm on January 27, 2015, 04:47:18 PM
You manually set/move the blade to the first cut position..  set preference to 1 1/2.. set start position..  make your first cut.. once you've brought the head back from the cut..  just hit autodown.  It will position to the next cut.  Now after every cut & return..   just hit autodown.  Clear as mud?

The Super Setworks on the 2000 doesn't work like that.

Those are some nice looking boards.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Ga Mtn Man

There is a way to get the TK Super Setworks to cut even side lumber down to a specific cant size (for example take 1" boards down to an 18.25" cant with no skim cut) but it's kind of complicated and you really need to thoroughly understand the operation of the setworks before trying it.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Saw your picture Magicman.....I think I'll just leave this one alone.
Looks like that one hurt!  :o
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Ga Mtn Man

I'd have thought his bar-fighten' days were over.  Guess you really can't judge a book by its cover. ;D

4x4American

Thanks for all the good answers.  I am using .042" Munkforsager blades.  I set them close to .022".  Here's another one to stump yawl: sometimes when I think I have a preset selected, it's not.  Maybe I'm selecting presets wrong?  There's two buttons I've found to see what the presets are, maybe I'm not hitting the right one to set it each time.  Often times I find myself doing the math in my head over the setworks.  For to find out 18-1/4" and 12-1/8" I didn't even think to use the setworks for a second, I just whipped out a piece of paper and did some figuring.
Boy, back in my day..

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Ga Mtn Man on January 27, 2015, 07:21:01 PM
Guess you really can't judge a book by its cover. ;D

" YOU HEAR THIS MAGICMAN ? "  :D

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

Ga Mtn Man

Magicman

Getting old ain't for sissies.

And last week. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

beenthere

And the first pic is a new one? or are you just foolin aroun with Pat's makeup kit again ?   ;D ;D

Got me wondering if this is the same person in both pics. One looks in better shape than the other. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Magicman

TR started it by whacking me on the head with a 2 by something.   :snowball:

4x4American

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on January 27, 2015, 10:53:22 PM
Quote from: 4x4American on January 27, 2015, 10:04:49 PM
Believe he gone to camp

Looks like he needs to go to boxing camp.  :)

:D :D :D 
you should see what he did to the other guy!
Boy, back in my day..

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

customsawyer

Looks like he just came from boxing camp. :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!