iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

starter problem...............NOT!

Started by woodmills1, June 23, 2008, 05:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

for months I thought my starter was beginning to fail.  As the engine came up to compression the starter would balk, it even blew the 100 amp fuse a few times.  My assesment and that of my small engine friend was the starter is drawing too many amps.  Two days ago it did the same and then nothing.  Well I guess it failed. ???

Just before I started to take off the shrouding to remove and rebuild the started I thought......lets take a look around

found out the main feed to the starter in the fuse box had lost its crimp.  Cleaned the wire and squezzed it twice and voila... you should hear ir start now. 8)
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

D Martin

8) 8)Ya got to love when a potentially expensive problem becomes an easy fix. 8) 8)

woodmills1

years ago I woulda just done the starter.  Who knew it would get easier. ;D ;D ;D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

OneWithWood

Ah, experience is such a well won thing.

Years ago I would have found that wire after I installed a new starter and was trying to figure out why it would not work  :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!