iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just ordered a Lucas sawmill

Started by Carolinatree, November 17, 2016, 10:00:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carolinatree

Hey looking for any advice. Getting a 6-16 with slabbing attachment. I do residentcail tree work. So I have a decent supply of logs. Just looking for advice on cutting and drying and ways to get the word out.  Thanks in advance

ncsawyer

Congrats on the new mill and welcome to the forum!  Where in NC or SC do you live?
2015 Wood-Mizer LT40DD35
Woodmaster 718 planer
Ford 445 Skip Loader

Carolinatree

thecfarm

Carolinatree,welcome to the forum.
Put out a good product at a good price and it will sell.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ChugiakTinkerer

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new mill!  There's so much material to read on this forum, you can keep yourself busy for months trying to get caught up.  The forum search function is helpful, but I find for searching on a specific topic that Google is much better.  In case you didn't know, you can limit your search to a specific web site.  Let's say I want to read about sawmill shed beams, I would put the following into the Google search box:
sawmill shed beam site:forestryforum.com

Hit enter and Bob's yer uncle!

Woodland Mills HM130

ncsawyer

Quote from: thecfarm on November 17, 2016, 10:45:11 AM
Carolinatree,welcome to the forum.
Put out a good product at a good price and it will sell.

I grew up just north of there in Rutherford County NC.  Great to see folks from "my neck of the woods" with similar interest!
2015 Wood-Mizer LT40DD35
Woodmaster 718 planer
Ford 445 Skip Loader

Jeff

Quote from: ChugiakTinkerer on November 17, 2016, 12:16:10 PM
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new mill!  There's so much material to read on this forum, you can keep yourself busy for months trying to get caught up.  The forum search function is helpful, but I find for searching on a specific topic that Google is much better.  In case you didn't know, you can limit your search to a specific web site.  Let's say I want to read about sawmill shed beams, I would put the following into the Google search box:
sawmill shed beam site:forestryforum.com

Hit enter and Bob's yer uncle!

Perhaps you had not noticed, the hard part of that has been done for you by the Forestry Forum. The search box at the top of the page has the option to use google search. Simply put in your search term and switch the search option to google.

The page search form also has these functions:
If you are on a topic page, you can search just the topic. Or, you can search the forum you are in, or you can search the entire site, or as I mentioned, use google to search the forum, all from that simple search box at the top of every page.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ChugiakTinkerer

I had not noticed and am feeling much chagrin.     smiley_crying

Thanks for making that feature available and for pointing it out. 
Woodland Mills HM130

dgdrls

good evening Carolinatree,  you're really going to like the Lucas,
it's a dandy mill.  They saw well and are easy to set-up and move when needed

Best
D

Carolinatree

Yeah I'm really excited. Opening these trees up is awesome. Been using an Alaskan. Talk about working your ars off and lower back.

Thank You Sponsors!