iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Echo 670 carb adjustment

Started by davefrommd, October 16, 2006, 08:33:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davefrommd

I have a new Echo 670 I bought last year and only used it a couple of times. The engine cuts out when I give it gas. I believe the carburetor needs to be adjusted to give it more gas. How do I adjust the carburetor with those plastic H&L screws. When I start the engine it idles perfectly. dave

sawguy21

Was it left sitting with fuel in it? Stale gas is the source of most problems. The fuel lines, carb diaphragms and fuel filter may need to be replaced.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

ladylake

Dave Most new saws are set real lean from the factory. Just got a echo CS440 both the high and low were lean and against the stops. They aren'e there anymore and it runs perfect.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

sawguy21

Steve, it should still start and rev up but you are right, the EPA mandates it has to run too lean for my liking too. Course I would never suggest anyone tinker with the limiter caps ;)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

ladylake

Sawguy
I guess we could take it back to the dealer every time we need to turn the adjustment screws 1/8 of a turn. Would more than likely cause more pollution hauling the saw 20 miles one way with the pickup than the saw will make in a lifetime..    Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

jacob j.

As carb components age, especially rubber metering and fuel pump diaphragms, usually the saw will have to richened. Especially after sitting. What I've done on the Echo saws is use my dremel to take a little material off the stops of the limiter caps and that works pretty well. The caps stay in place and 'look' stock but allow for a little adjustment.

davefrommd

Thanks for the good help and suggestions. Yes the saw still had fuel from before. I did drain it and added fresh gas/oil mix. When I had just bought the saw it had hesitation as I gave it gas then I was able to rev it up like it should run. I knew then that the carb needed adjusting but figured I'd get to it later but never did. Appreciate all the good help. dave

Thank You Sponsors!