iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Youtube Income by Monetizing Videos

Started by Busy Beaver Lumber, March 27, 2013, 09:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busy Beaver Lumber

Anyone making any decent money by monetizing videos on Youtube?

Never gave this much thought until today. I posted a few videos on Youtube over the past few months and when asked if i wanted to monetize them, i selected yes.

Well alas, I checked my adsense account today and found out those two videos have earned me over 3 dollars just in the month of March. Kind of gets you thinking. ??? If two videos made you a monthly income of $3, then it would stand to reason that if you had 200 videos out there, you could be looking at a nice $300 a month or so income if not more. and 2000 videos could potentially produce $3000 a month income. ::)

I think I will test the waters and add another 10 or so videos and see if there is a fairly linear relationship between the number of videos you post and the income you earn. Not much effort to let the video camera run while you are doing something of interest to others, then spending a few minutes to edit it, if it has the potential to earn you a month income as well as one for your survivors.

No wonder some folks have 2000 plus videos posted. Even if each one made them only 50 cents a month, they are making $1500 a month in income.

There is a youtube fellow named oldave100 that started posting videos in November 2007. He has 68 videos showing you how to route wood signs. He is a very nice individual and I even have spoken to him on the phone and purchasing his course actually encouraged me to buy our cnc router and get into making wood signs. As of today, his videos have been viewed close to 405,000 times. He has individual ones that have been viewed more than 64,000 times. I can only imagine how large a monthly check he is getting from adsense. More power to him
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'm just getting into this Video thing. I may just be OLDAVE101.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Busy Beaver Lumber

Dave

I notice the smart ones do their videos as a series of shorter lessons or videos showing the progression from start to finish on a particular project. That way you click and watch all the videos in their series which gets them more views and potentially more monetary gains
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Mooseherder

I recently took that monetizing off my account.
There have been 368,000 views of my videos and no earnings to show for it. :D
Granted, that option wasn't available when I first started but still I think the bar is a little too high to make any serious money.
It isn't worth making someone watch a commercial for me anymore.
I have to go through and take the rest of my videos of monetization.  They make you take off each one, one at a time.

Busy Beaver Lumber

Mooseherder

I am not for sure how they calculate what you earn and how they calculate it. To be honest, I have read the info on their site about what factors into your earnings and came away more confused than before I read the information. I know you dont get paid until you earn more than $100. Will see what happens
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Mooseherder

If they gave me 1/10 of a cent for each view I'd have about 36 cents. :D

Clark

I do know someone who has made several thousand dollars so far from one video.  The video has something like 20 millions views when youtube signed her up and it is probably at the height of it's popularity.  Her income from the video I can only imagine will be in decline from here on out.  I think they figured youtube payed about $1/1K views...something like that.  It's basically a game of getting lots and lots and lots of views, just enough so that they can get the advertising in there.

Clark
SAF Certified Forester

SwampDonkey

I could see the potential if someone wanted to make it a full time effort. Someone with a lot of creativity and video making talents. Never know. After awhile though, you have to see if all that effort pays for the time invested. For most of us, probably not. Kinda like the lottery. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ianab

Trick is to get something that goes "viral" and gets a million hits. Thing is it needs to be something "different". Not the same as Good, just different. Like "Grumpy Cat" or something. Heck I've got a clip that's had 318,000 views. It's just a freshwater eel eating bacon in my back yard, but for some reason the Germans went nuts over it  ??? Why it got so many hits I have no idea....
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

mesquite buckeye

Soon we'll be rich. Think I'll mothball the old woodmizer. ;D ;D ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Thank You Sponsors!