iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What I did with my Woodmizer Lt 40

Started by pedro.mahon, December 08, 2013, 06:14:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pedro.mahon

Hi guys, pushing on with house build despite pretty horrible UK weather. The Woodmizer has recently sawn up the joinery for the windows and is currently air drying. Some of its 4" thick and the kiln is only designed for upto 3". Would appreciate any advice on drying. Air drying plus kiln best way fwd?
The mill has worked pretty much faultlessly, 800 hrs on the mill now. All floor joists, douglas fir, are installed, (6"x2") .  Anyways, hope you like the blog update. Cheers from England.

http://pedromahon.blog.co.uk/2013/12/06/update-december-17259535/
Woodmizer LT 40 HD. Pegden oak Sawmill & Construction

justallan1

WOW :o
Great build and a huge sense of achievement, I'd bet.
Thanks for the link. I'll look all through it when I have more time.

Allan

Chuck White

Looking really nice, and glad to hear your Wood-Mizer is doing well too, you take care of it and it will take care of you.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

drobertson

Great progress!   sorry I can't help with the drying issues, someone will,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Leigh Family Farm

Umm...does anyone else see a future Personal Best Contest winner in the large structure/house category?  ;)
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

m wood

wow Pedro, you HAVE come a long on the dwelling.  I was wondering about your progress just a while ago.  As heavy as those tiles are, your structure is certainly gonna support it! :laugh:
mark
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

pedro.mahon

Crickey, you right about the weight on the roof, over 35 tons of tiles and batten!  The chimney was mass filled with concrete blocks and weighs at least 40 tons . The structural eng reassured me to not worry!
Woodmizer LT 40 HD. Pegden oak Sawmill & Construction

Sixacresand

That is one huge project.  And it looks good.  Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Thank You Sponsors!