iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sold some Cedar today

Started by ozarkgem, October 06, 2014, 07:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozarkgem

I am not really in the sawmill business I mostly saw for myself. I think I may be a lumber hoarder. I have stacks of lumber all over the place. Hackberry,Pine, Red Oak, Post Oak, Walnut, Sycamore, Mulberry and of course Cedar. A lady stopped by and wanted 400 BF of rough sawn Cedar to panel a room. I shot her a price and she took it. She wanted the rough sawn look so I told her I would plane one side to make it all 3/4 thick. $1.25 a bf. Beer money.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

drobertson

That will work,  but it almost sounds like it's time for an Ozark pig roast for some kind of celebration?
That's a good haul, no need to hoard any more ;D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

ozarkgem

I am always up for a Pig roast.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

terrifictimbersllc

That's what Frank and Mike on "American Pickers" call "breaking the ice".   :D
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

yukon cornelius

Quote from: ozarkgem on October 06, 2014, 08:12:57 PM

me too.! id love to have one here but don't have that cedar money like you!! haha!

It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

ozarkgem

Quote from: yukon cornelius on October 07, 2014, 05:26:58 PM
Quote from: ozarkgem on October 06, 2014, 08:12:57 PM

me too.! id love to have one here but don't have that cedar money like you!! haha!
Yep I think I will take a year off work and get me a new truck with a sale like that.

hackberry jake

I usually sell cedar for $1 a bf and surfacing one side would definately add some to the cost so we are pretty close on price. I hope you have a good planer. If not, it wont seem like it was worth the extra $100 you got for planing.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

ozarkgem

Quote from: hackberry jake on October 08, 2014, 11:57:16 AM
I usually sell cedar for $1 a bf and surfacing one side would definately add some to the cost so we are pretty close on price. I hope you have a good planer. If not, it wont seem like it was worth the extra $100 you got for planing.
Running it through the Power Matic took about 15 sec per board. I could speed it up but I can't run around the machine any faster. By the time I start one and and follow it up with another one the first one is ready for the trailer then I have to hump it back to the stack and start another  one then back to the trailer side again. I need a helper.

hackberry jake

Does yours look like this one?

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

gfadvm

Quote from: ozarkgem on October 08, 2014, 07:37:52 PM
Quote from: hackberry jake on October 08, 2014, 11:57:16 AM
Running it through the Power Matic took about 15 sec per board. I could speed it up but I can't run around the machine any faster. By the time I start one and and follow it up with another one the first one is ready for the trailer then I have to hump it back to the stack and start another  one then back to the trailer side again. I need a helper.

!5 seconds per board??? My Woodmaster is now thoroughly embarrassed!!!

WmFritz

Quote from: hackberry jake on October 08, 2014, 09:16:15 PM

Jake, I've got one that looks exactly like yours!

the one on the left that is.  :)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

hackberry jake

Quote from: WmFritz on October 08, 2014, 09:51:39 PM

want another one?

ozarkgem

yukon cornelius

Quote from: hackberry jake on October 08, 2014, 10:04:32 PM
Quote from: WmFritz on October 08, 2014, 09:51:39 PM

want another one?

I do! I do! pick me! pick me!  :D
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Thank You Sponsors!