iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Might as well take the lunch!

Started by drobertson, November 05, 2014, 01:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

yea, I tried to get one more log sawn before noon,  you might have guessed it, back stop got me, or rather, I got the back stop, bout to change out too! just a brush but not what I wanted for sure.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

JB Griffin

David you know what they say "haste makes waste" :D
I can't say much, about a month ago I did it twice in 1 day, 1st go around hit the backstop about 1/8" from the top and sawed it bout half off, 1hr later got it again and sawed it the rest of the way off. Oh well :D ::) ::)
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

backwoods sawyer

The other day Little Jo hit a dog.
New saw just put on after  hitting an insulator while squaring up the log with the last new saw.
She was kicking herself for that one ;D

Might as well take lunch and breath air fir a few min ;D

Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

drobertson

Yea, these are little pine logs, doing just because,  bird in hand better than two in a bush.  Got me! first time in quite a little while, sad part is you know it just before the hit.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

Not a blade, but I accidentally knocked the power feed control completely open while sawing yesterday.  That makes for a wild ride before you can get it stopped.  No damage, just a....  :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

I never have thought about that one :D  I have hit the rapid a few times, sure wakes you up!
I can only imagine what it's like to go along for the ride.

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

backwoods sawyer

If there is a button switch or lever sooner or later it will get fumbled ;D

100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: Magicman on November 06, 2014, 07:14:43 AM
Not a blade, but I accidentally knocked the power feed control completely open while sawing yesterday.  That makes for a wild ride before you can get it stopped.  No damage, just a....  :o
Latest upgrade has a seat belt and ROPS to comply with latest rules.  No recall yet for older ones.  ::) :)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

backwoods sawyer

Thank You Sponsors!