iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Load of Logs

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, October 31, 2013, 08:13:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Our head Law Enforcement Officer posted this pic on his Face Book page. I do not know the details or anything about this picture.
Use your own imagination.  :D

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

SPD748

DanG it Poston. I thought I'd slipped through unnoticed  :)

The Motor Carrier Officers would LOVE to have a talk with that guy.

-lee
Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: SPD748 on October 31, 2013, 08:19:19 AM
DanG it Poston. I thought I'd slipped through unnoticed  :)

-lee

You might slip through......but UNNOTICED?  :D :D :D :D :D

NWP

All he needs to do is cut off some of the longer ones until the front end goes back down.  ;D
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

dboyt

Quote from: NWP on October 31, 2013, 08:30:55 AM
All he needs to do is cut off some of the longer ones until the front end goes back down.  ;D

... or some tractor weights on the front.  Bet that rig drove real squirrely before the front end lifted. Should be set up like a tractor so he can steer with the brakes.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

mometal77

Reminds me of that post you U tube of a guy unloading a big excavator in south america with a flat bed truck lol.
Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

Magicman

Gonna be hard to steer !!!    :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SPD748

Anyone care to guess at what that load weighs?

-lee

Serving Since 2002

Meadows Miller

Gday

Lee would that be Do Not Pass Go or a Strait to Jail Mate  ??? ??? ;) :D :D :D :D

here it would look like this  bat_smailey bat_smailey bat_smailey ban_smiley :o :o :D :D

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Meadows Miller

Caption Dang It I knew I shoulda poked afew over the cab  :D :D :D

SPD748

Come on guys. We all know he can put a few more 'pounds' of air in the front tires and bring that baby right down. I zoomed in on the door sign and I'm pretty sure it reads,

Tail Dragger Logging
Call: 1-555-oops-I-lost-one

;D ;D ;D

-lee

Serving Since 2002

Meadows Miller

I like that one  :D :D :D :D I would say he has only got about 7 to 8 ton on that short wheelbase kills it  ;)

Magicman

Who said that those 4" straps were not strong  ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

terrifictimbersllc

Good he didn't load a trailer like that, it would fish tail and that could be dangerous.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Meadows Miller

Wheely Bar  ;)

TT if he loaded a trailer to the rear like the truck wouldn't it put upward pressure onto the drawbar resulting in down force onto the steer axle  ??? ??? :P :P ??? ??? ;) :D :D

giant splinter

Good one,
I think Meadows Miller hit it on the head with the weight and the fact that the wheel base kills any possibility of legal weight distribution, if the wheel base was correct the weight would be no problem for a two axel rig like that. in many states if the GVWR of the vehicle is less than 26000# the operator/driver and vehicle are not regulated by the DOT >>>> until they try a stunt like this  ;D ... All it would take is the correct wheel base and a responsible driver and that load might be just fine ... or as NWP stated about cutting the ends off, that would fix it.
I think its good that this guy only got as far as he did in this case and hope he learned a lesson from it.

If you read the sign on the truck door its indicates that its a logging company and although the sign is not that legible it it may have a US DOT number under the carrier i.d. at the bottom of the door ...... if this is the case the company and the drivers know the rules and if the commercial enforcement/Motor Carrier unit gets involved these guys will be answering a few questions, the DOT officers take a dim view of this stuff. By the looks of things he is traveling up hill, all he had to do was go the other way  :D what was he thinking ........ sheesh.
roll with it

beenthere

In my past life, had two occasions to experience that "front end lift".
One coming out of a draw with a load of logs (8' cross loaded by the truck owner). Coming up to the road on a steep incline the front end just kept going up until the rear wheels crested at the road, then the front came down with a bang. Sat crosswise in the road until getting squirreled around some.   :D

Second time, was told to deliver 1000 gal tank of liquid anhydrous ammonia and needed it in a hurry. The tank was bolted to a flatbed 1949 Ford truck and did hang out over the back. On the way and moving right along came to a RR track crossing the highway. The front dipped down causing the liquid to rush to the front of the tank, then the front wheels popped up out of the dip causing the liquid to rush to the back keeping the front end up in the air. Rear wheels went through the dip adding to the liquid AA sloshing quickly back and forth causing one wild ride that I managed to get slowly braked enough to keep the liquid towards the front of the tank and get slowed down with no more sloshing forward and back.
Made for a heart stopping few moments but all ended well.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

okmulch

Throw it in reverse real quick, pop the clutch and the front end will go down.  :D
Then ease out on the clutch and go forward.
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

beenthere

Chock behind one wheel, put it in reverse and pivot around that chock until the front end is down hill enough to come down. Then back up the hill....

Or get a half dozen 200 # guys to climb on the hood.

But I bet they made a bigger deal out of this one, and blocked off the street for the rest of the day, made him get a wrecker truck and a boom truck to lift off the logs, along with a ticket and a whole raft of other red tape before all was said and done. And there were a half dozen public employee's hanging around, each with their own vehicle to drive to the scene. (that is a little bit of a rant... :) )

Suspect it was a whack of logs that just had a few left on the ground and he was trying to save having to return for the last few logs so tried to get 'em all on one load. Sometimes just doesn't pay...
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

kevin19343

You guys make all the jokes you want. That guy gets 200,000 miles out of those front tires.

Solomon

Quote from: dboyt on October 31, 2013, 08:39:23 AM
Quote from: NWP on October 31, 2013, 08:30:55 AM

... or some tractor weights on the front.  Bet that rig drove real squirrely before the front end lifted. Should be set up like a tractor so he can steer with the brakes.
Bite your toungue son!!!     We horse whip folks for talking like that around here!!  What he needs is about 2000 lbs of counterweights hung on the front bumper and he will be in business!!!!    Never cut your log short man!!! :snowball:
Time and Money,  If you have the one, you rarely have the other.

The Path to Salvation is narrow, and the path to damnnation is wide.

thecfarm

If the wood was cut there,it has been sitting for a while. Wonder how he planed on unloading it? That way did not work. He forgot to take the binders off.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: thecfarm on October 31, 2013, 05:50:33 PM
Wonder how he planed on unloading it?

It's a dump truck, Ray......See it?  :D

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

It looks like dumb truck all right.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!