iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need milling service in St Augustine FL

Started by panopix, November 16, 2017, 02:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panopix

I have a few logs, About 1200BF. I d like to get them milled for slabs. the 2 Sawyers I know cant cut the full slabs, the biggest being 36" in diameter.Id like the mill to come to us as we dont have a trailer big enough to haul. Could anybody recommend or help locate somebody? Looking to get done ASAP. Thanks!

WV Sawmiller

Try clicking the extras button on top of the FF bar and go to Find-a-database and look for a local sawyer in your area. If one does not have the equipment to cut what you need he may be able to refer you to someone who does.

You can also click on the Woodmizer.com and at their home page click on services and go to their Pro sawyer network in your area and check with them for such service or referrals. Good luck.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Savannahdan

MM - I think you're right.  Doesn't he go under Bill's Mill?
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

Magicman

Yes, Bill's Mill

Under Sawmill Service you will find that he also has a Lucas for slabbing.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

panopix

I have spoken to all the locals personally. He's backed up and wouldn't be able to make it out for months

Magicman

Actually it is not that unusual to have to schedule sawing a month or two ahead.  I scheduled one for December in October and already have one job set for January.  Since the dedicated equipment needed to saw wide slabs is not that readily available, I would get on Bill's list.  Sometimes cancellations happen but even if not, you would still be scheduled.

ellmoe

With the trees down from Irma, any sawmiller worth using, is backlogged. I have had over 200 calls about big yard oaks down, all politely declined.
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Thank You Sponsors!