iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky Chain Brake Issue

Started by DR Buck, January 15, 2017, 09:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR Buck

I've been having an intermittent problem with my Husky 562XP.   Everything works fine, then all of a sudden it's like the chain brake came on and when revving the engine the chain does not move.  The chain brake is not set on.    If I hold the bar down against a log and drag the chain while revving the chain has lots of drag on it.   Then after a few time of dragging it,  it will start to work OK again.   It may work fine for the rest of the day, or hang up again within minutes.   Changing the chain and cleaning the sawdust out of the brake/clutch area makes no difference. 

Any ideas?   ???
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

sawguy21

Have you looked at the bar tip sprocket? It may be plugged with debris. I assume you have a floating rim drive sprocket so wear should not cause this problem.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thecfarm

When it happens again,lossen the nuts and the chain adjuster screw.Only do that. Grab on the top of the chain and see if you can pick it up from the bar. Go along the bar until you find where it is binding. I bet sawguy21 is right.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!