iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 345 no (XP)

Started by isawlogs, October 16, 2008, 01:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

I have  had an 026/arctic that walked away some time ago . I have no clue as to when it left me  smiley_wavy
   I had the oppertunity to replace it with a 345 XP . I have not had a Husky in a few years , this saw aint new, been around a bit has a few nicks on it, but still in good shape.  So I bought it . I tried the saw out while sawing some wood for my nephew , it is impressive for its size , has enough balls to turn the chain over at a fair pace . I think it is a little ahead of the 026 , not by far , I prefer the balance of the 026 over this one , seams it always wants to fall over when you put her down .
My daughter has claimed this one for her own ... So I am on the hunt again for a similar saw .  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Cut4fun

I noticed the same thing with my 357 and 375. It used to be the 7900 would be the one to fall over in the back of the truck and I always just thought the other saws were picking on it.
Then I got the 357 and 375 and they joined the flounder club.

Ed

I've been thinking about adding a kickstand to my 346xp.  :D

Ed

SawTroll

Quote from: isawlogs on October 16, 2008, 01:55:18 PM

I have  had an 026/arctic that walked away some time ago . I have no clue as to when it left me  smiley_wavy
   I had the oppertunity to replace it with a 345 XP . I have not had a Husky in a few years , this saw aint new, been around a bit has a few nicks on it, but still in good shape.  So I bought it . I tried the saw out while sawing some wood for my nephew , it is impressive for its size , has enough balls to turn the chain over at a fair pace . I think it is a little ahead of the 026 , not by far , I prefer the balance of the 026 over this one , seams it always wants to fall over when you put her down .
My daughter has claimed this one for her own ... So I am on the hunt again for a similar saw .  :)

There is no 345xp - my guess is that the saw is an original 45cc 346xp.
Information collector.

isawlogs

I will get my daughter to send me a pic of the saw , make sure she gets a pic of the sticker on it ... It could be so , I never had it long enough in my hands to argue about it , I am sure I saw 345Xp on there ....
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Rocky_J

There is no 345xp, it's most likely a 346xp. Simply go to Husqvarna's website or do a Google search.

They are great little saws though. I own three of them.  :)

isawlogs

I talked to my daughter and she confirmed that it is a 345  ,
She asked if it was missing something for it to stand on its own  ::) :D
  I told her I was gonna order some crutches for it .  ;D

Marcel

SwedeJohn

Hello to you all, my first post here. Very nice forum.

My Husky 365 Special has the same problem, but apart from that is a very nice piece of machinery.

The Husky 45, ( 20 years old now ) has no problem with that. Still standing strong.  :)

Nice to meet you all.
Husqvarna 45,,,365 Special,,,NE346XPG,,, 335 Rx.

SawTroll

Quote from: isawlogs on October 17, 2008, 08:12:50 PM

I talked to my daughter and she confirmed that it is a 345  ,
She asked if it was missing something for it to stand on its own  ::) :D
  I told her I was gonna order some crutches for it .  ;D

Then it is no xp, but a cheaper plastic cased saw, with much less power......
Information collector.

SawTroll

Quote from: SwedeJohn on October 18, 2008, 04:38:04 AM
Hello to you all, my first post here. Very nice forum.

My Husky 365 Special has the same problem, but apart from that is a very nice piece of machinery.

The Husky 45, ( 20 years old now ) has no problem with that. Still standing strong.  :)

Nice to meet you all.

Welcome here!    8) 8)
Information collector.

isawlogs

Plastic cheaper on the 45 than the 46 ...  ???
When you say much less power ... how much less would it have over the 46 ...  ???

Marcel

SawTroll

Quote from: isawlogs on October 18, 2008, 01:25:56 PM

Plastic cheaper on the 45 than the 46 ...  ???
When you say much less power ... how much less would it have over the 46 ...  ???

There is much more plastic on the 345 than on the 346xp, and less magnesium - quality of the plastic is the same I believe....

Power and cutting speed differense is huge, not comparable at all...... ::)
Information collector.

Rocky_J

There's probably somewhere around $200 difference in power between the 345 and the 346XP.  ;D  :D

Cut4fun

I know for a fact there is a 345 but it is not a xp. I watched a guy buying one at the Husky dealer last week for $239 and then added $6 to the price because he wanted a 18" b+c. Looked like a consumer saw.

TexasTimbers

Maurice I own a 026 and a 345 also. The 345 is quite a bit bigger so it's not a fair comparison. The 345 is a really good homeowner/light ranching saw and I even used it for limbing with adequate performance before I got a 5100S. I would not have bought a 345 for my purposes but I ran across 3 saws for a hundred bucks and all of them were running and two were nearly new. The 345 was one of them so I couldn't pass the deal up. gave the other two to my pappy.

The 345 is one of the lazy Huskies though, it likes to lay on its side in the back of the truck, won't sit upright for nuttin'. Huskies are designed to cut, not ride around around in trucks. ;D

The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

SawTroll

Quote from: Cut4fun on October 19, 2008, 07:59:37 AM

I know for a fact there is a 345 but it is not a xp. I watched a guy buying one at the Husky dealer last week for $239 and then added $6 to the price because he wanted a 18" b+c. Looked like a consumer saw.

It is.    ;)
Information collector.

Thank You Sponsors!