iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodmizer service

Started by uplander, November 30, 2012, 02:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uplander

Hello all! It has been a while since I have posted. I just wanted to take a moment to praise Woodmizer on their excellent customer service. I have almost finished the house that I constructed out of native timber
from my woodlot.
I needed some more poplar for cabinet fronts and I was out of the grade lumber I had sawn for the cabinets.
A carpenter friend of mine was looking at my left over floor joists and said what's wrong with re-sawing some of these joists! So we got out the mill and I fired it up after not using it for 6 months and as soon as i turned the feed on, BAM!. A runaway mill, full feed into the work piece and it stalled out. I carefully backed out of the board and started jockeying back and fourth with the feed control. Yep, no feed control whatsoever.

I went inside the cabin and called woodmizer the tech talked me through the diagnostic and I ordered a new "Mosfet". It came the next day and I installed it got and ready to take whack at resawing that board.
I was barely ten inches into the cut when BAM, full feed again and a stall. Boy that get exciting!

Back to the phone at the cabin and a call to customer service. They eventually routed me to an electrical engineer who had me go back through the mosfet diagnosis and the further to diagnosing the fact that I had a bad control board. They sent me a new control board which came the next day and deducted the cost
of the mosfet I got a day earlier from the price for the control board.

Good service and I got a real person in Indianapolis instead of someone I couldnt understand in India.

Thanks Woodmiser!

Photoes of the house coming soon. It looks great.

Uplander
Woodmizer lt40G28.  A kubota L4600 with loader and forks.
Various Stihl saws and not enough time to use them!
Finished my house finally. Completely sawn out on by band mill. It took me 7 years but was worth it. Hardest thing I have ever done.

Solomon

Glad to hear you're happy with the service you got.  That's hard to find in this day and age. The folks at Woodmizer are pretty darn good people.
Time and Money,  If you have the one, you rarely have the other.

The Path to Salvation is narrow, and the path to damnnation is wide.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

delvis

We lost the head up and down motor on our mill 8 months after buying it.  We called WM and they sent a new one under warranty within a couple days no questions asked.  They wanted the old one back to see what happened to it.  Guessing the motor was okay but had a bad bearing.  It's been a year with this mill and this company and I couldn't be happier.  I guess that's bound to happen when the last mill you owned was sold by a company getting ready to declare bankruptcy without telling its potential customers...
If I never saw another board I will at least die happy having spent the last few years working with my dad!

Thank You Sponsors!