iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Emerald Ash Borer

Started by ruckus, March 06, 2013, 08:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruckus

Newbie here, but in the woods a lot and I see that crazy debarking of ash trees in IN/KY from that emerald Ash Borer. Seems like most people I talk to in this area seem relegated to the fact that all of the ash might die. They are looking to cut as many as they can before they become unmarketable.

Any consensus on where this goes? Relatively all ash trees being destroyed? I have heard about some parasitic wasps that they might introduce but then I wonder what they will do after they kill of the borer, if possible.

OneWithWood

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

ruckus

Good read, thank you. Guess they will mostly all go. WOW will take a few generations to grow again?

BudgetTreeCare

Ash trees can be affected by Emerald Ash Borers, an invasive beetle that enjoys eating the inner pulp of the tree. It causes an extensive amount of damage to the tree, and kills it within two to five years.  Over 50 million ash trees are already reported dead and the Emerald Ash Borer is not stopping; having a growth rate above 5000% a year.  This is in Indiana. Hope the info helps a bit.  ???
I am Curt Scott, the owner and operator of Budget Tree Care;a tree service company based out of Indianapolis, Indiana. I have more than 30 years of experience in the tree removal and service industry.  I love to talk trees!!

samandothers

Thank You Sponsors!