iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Verso , jay maine mill

Started by Woodhauler, June 23, 2016, 03:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Things are looking bad on selling wood!!! Just spoke with my wood buyer, he is in Michigan in meetings. Mill hasn't run much this month, they are shutting off some of there clean paper chip suppliers. Things look bleak in my eyes. :(
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Autocar

Thats to bad not a good sign for you guys up in the northeast. Saw logs down here are holding steady but everything is quartersawed. So as long as the flooring market holds out we will be ok I suppose.
Bill

ohiowoodchuck

A pulp wood mill here in southern Ohio has stopped buying and mead has shut the little guy out only allowing them two loads a week and the big guys can haul as much as they want until close of Wednesday. I believe it's hitting all over.
Education is the best defense against the media.

snowstorm

and today verso announces they will soon be out of bankruptcy 

Woodhauler

Quote from: snowstorm on June 23, 2016, 07:17:13 PM
and today verso announces they will soon be out of bankruptcy
From what I was told , bankruptcy judge has told them to get a hold on spending.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

snowstorm

Woodhauler

I read it too! I am going onn what wood buyer said. They are shutting down a bunch of the piledown yards and dropping price on the clean chips they are buying. Its a buyers market out there. Looks like they can run most of the summer on what wood they already have in  piledown.

motohed

I just don't understand why the Canadian mills seem to stay so stong near the Maine borders , yet the U.S. markets are off .

Ken

Quote from: motohed on June 25, 2016, 11:46:34 AM
I just don't understand why the Canadian mills seem to stay so stong near the Maine borders , yet the U.S. markets are off .

With all due respect mister motohed all of the antiquated paper mills here in eastern Canada have also closed.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Thank You Sponsors!