iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

woodmizer chart for opening a log

Started by redbeard, February 24, 2014, 06:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redbeard

thought this was a good basic info for getting boards out of your log and grade cutting.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

James MacDonald

Thanks for the posting. Good information for a Guy like me just getting started. I learn so much here on this forum.
You should see what I Saw

Timberking 2000, 1964 Hyster FL, Kabota 43DT w/grapple, Case 580C hoe and never enough Tools

high grade lumber

Best quarter sawing chart i have ever seen! Love it!

samandothers

VictorH

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, James MacDonald.  How about an intro and sharing your log/lumber/sawing interest?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mikeb1079

that's nice.  gotta love woodmizer.  i think that poston (and/or others) had posted about doing it like that.  seems like a nice simple way to get mostly q sawn lumber.   8)
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

OneWithWood

Here is a thread that starts with the WM technique and then explores a number of ways to Q-saw
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,27916.msg399645.html#msg399645
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

thechknhwk

Can you post a link to the original diagram?  This one is hard to read.

Thank You Sponsors!