iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Any Harley Riders

Started by Luckyfarmer, February 23, 2006, 08:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luckyfarmer

I'm just wondering how many woodsman ride Harleys ;D.  I have a Road King Classic which I ride to Sturgis.  All my friends here haul theirs on trailers

stumpy

I have been riding Harleys for 25 years. I now one a custom painted Heritage Softail
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Captain

17 years now...I had a 2000 Road King Classic, though it would be my last bike, until Mrs. Captain announced she wanted to go back to college.

Now with the youngster around, I'm back on a Sportster, it is a 1200 Sportster Sport.  Fun around town, beats me up in under 2 hours on the big stretches.  Another Road King someday....

Captain

beav

nope.1983 honda goldwing asp. i ride too far and too fast to ride a harley.oops, did i say that ::) i'm outta here....

treebiker

This is my 1974 Harley Sportster that I might trade for one of those Automatic Petersons but I'd want some boot. :D :D :D :D
Treebiker

/Users/kc/Desktop/IMG_0255_1.jpg
Sonny, can you make me dough bowl out of that log?  Yes sir, but your bowl will only turn out pine biscuits.

treebiker

Maybe I'll figure out how to put pictures up one day. She is a looker.
Sonny, can you make me dough bowl out of that log?  Yes sir, but your bowl will only turn out pine biscuits.

Jeff

There are great instructions photo posting instructions and anyone can do it. If you go up and hit the help link it will take you right to where you can find the tutorial
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

RoadKill

'97 FLHRI  (Fuel injected Road King)

Too few good weather days and too much traffic in MA - gonna retire to CA and ride every day. 
Yah, born in da UP, but 20 yeahs heah neah Baahstin.

Michigan Mike

No Harley two old BMWs 1970 R75/5 and a 79 RT100 wouldnt hestitate to ride either one across the USA tomorow.  If it isnt snowing.

SwampDonkey

In a previous job I ended up at the Hecate Inn on the Queen Charlotte Islands out in the Pacific Ocean and the owner was a man from Millville, NB. He drove out there is the 50's on a motorbike, but I can't remember what model or make of the bike. I never asked the old feller why he ended up there, but I don't think it was a step up in the world. ;D Total isolation out there. I was web surfin some real estate and found he had the place for sale a year ago or so. It was a nice motel with kitchenette and laundry service, $60/night I think.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tim L

I had  1969 XLCH for years but traded it a couple of years ago for a 1929 model A pick-up seemed more practical at the time, but that stays in the garage too ! Man this employment thing sure cuts into my time !
Do the best you can and don't look back

blueox

I was a biker Babe in my day....(not so long ago, seems only yesterday) I rode many, many, many hours and miles on the back of a '47 Knucklehead ( with no sissy bar) my butt was killing me, my back was aching me....but I sure did look pretty....tee hee!

If you keep any back issues of "In the wind magazine" around 1984 I had my picture featured. I was on the back of the Knucklehead and our friends were beside us on his '56 Pan head...we were riding at Laconia NH Bike week.

It was a lot of fun....THOSE WERE THE DAYS!!

Laurel

DOT Highway Approved Log Load Trailers. For your ON Road Multi-Purpose Use

ely

67 iron head sportster, but i almost never ride it. i traded it for my first wife, good trade. ;D

SwampDonkey

I wouldn't dare google 'biker babes'. I bet the content wouldn't have anything to do with that magazine. ;D :D :D  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

HARLEYRIDER

95 Softail Custom here. been to many bike weeks
Greenwoods Timberworks

tomboysawyer

1993 Moto Guzzi California III. I also ride my hubby's 2004 BMW R1200CL occaisionally too.

Snow has never detered me from getting on a bike. Leaves and sand - that's a pain. If I never rode when it snowed I wouldn't get much ridin' in.

Been keeping my rubber side down, sunny side up for 17 years now. (Man, has it really been that long?) Not a big fan of riding b***h like blueox, but I'd be happy to take a passenger any day.

I couldn't choose to own a bike that doesn't start below 40 and I get enough flack from Mr. BMW for my Italian stallion dripping on the garage floor. No Harleys here (except I owned the pinball machine for a few years). But I'll ride wid ya any day.

scsmith42

Current bike is a Harley Heritage Softail Classic ('97 vintage).  Went to Sturgis on it in 99, and just got back from Bike Week in Daytona.  Here is one of my Sturgis trip pix:

Previous bikes have been Honda's - 750 Super Sport, CX500 Turbo, and my first bike was a 175 back in 1975.  Somewhere I've got a photo of me riding a wheelie on the turbo - will have to see if I can dig it up.

My wife rides a Honda Shadow (when she's not riding horses).
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

dundee

NO,--But I wish, when my Mum was alive she said "Richard, I do not want you to buy a motorbike---promise"?--yes Mum, she passed away 6 years ago.  THEN, my younger brother turns up with a 2003 Softail, I said to him, Brother, did Mum ask you NOT to buy a bike?--his reply was YES, BUT, I looked up and said, Mum, can I buy a Harley?, she said yes, and tell Richard he can too

Brother did a Harley ride in USA late last year and showed me the photo's and a photo of his new 2005 Harley which he purchased and I was green with envy

DO I defy my Mum??, or is brother telling me a porky?--or should I buy a 50cc Suzuki and work my way up?

Den Socling

hey dundee,

My first bike was an 80cc Suzuki in 1969. My last road bike was a Moto Guzzi that I thought was going to last me the rest of my life. It nearly did when I went into a switchback on a mountain road too fast and totalled it against a rock wall. That broke both my wrist as I bent the handlebars. And cracked some ribs as I caved in the gas tank with my chest. first bike I ever totalled.  :( I was a mess for a long time after that. Last two bikes were Bulatacos. The Frontera did a flip forward one night when the front brake locked up. During one of the somersaults, it came down on an ankle and broke that. Thought that the Sherpa trials bike was all that I could ride but wrist and ankles hurt too much.  :D Not to mention kicking that DanG Bul. I wonder if I'm old enough to have enough sense to ride sensibly. Maybe.  ;D

Currently, I'm rebuilding my Volvo P1800E that I parked in 1978 because I had so many tickets that everytime I turned around the state was telling me to mail in my license. I'm a lot smarter now.  :)

dundee

Hey Den---after reading your post, I am put off buying a Harley or even a 500cc Suzuki, I will stick to my Suzuki farm bike------ LISTEN TO MY MUM DEN--NO MORE BIKES !!! :(

Den Socling

I was just stupid. I bought the Guzzi from my father. It was my uncles. He rode until he was nearly 80. I just liked to ride fast. But then too, the first friend I had that was killed on a bike was riding a 50cc Yamaha when a woman pulled out in front of him and broke his neck. I firmly believe when your number is up, it's up. When it's not, it's not.

Den Socling

Sorry to steal the Harley thread and it turn it dark.  :( Let me tell you the rest of the Frontera story. Anytime I've been hurt and could stand on my own, I wouldn't go to a hospital. The night I forward-flipped the Bultaco, I already had my kayaks loaded for a trip the next morning. I got out of bed with an ankle I couldn't walk on ( I broke the anklebone part that holds the legbone  :D ) and I had water under my kneecap. It was floating an inch or two (that's 25mm+ dundee) above where it belonged but we went boating. So, we are going down a whitewater river when Patti drops into a hole (hydraulic) in which a guy is playing (scrarin' the dickens out of himself). Her boat came down across his, she upset and came out of her boat. Conditions were fast and rocky. I paddled to shore, climbed out of my boat, ran her down along the bank, waded out into the current, grabbed her and her boat and got back on shore. Pain? none during the adrenilin rush but then............. heck, that wasn't funny. I must have a funny bike story somewhere. ah yes. I was riding a Harley Sprint across a strip mine one day and got into a race. nah that wasn't funny either.  ;D

Tom

Have you noticed that it's those who don't ride that will be the first to tell you not to?

tomboysawyer

Amen, Tom.

There are two kinds of riders - those that have fallen and those that will.

Just like there are two kinds of sawyers - those that have taken out blades and those that will.
(bringing it back to the BIG topic here)

sawguy21

Swamp, that must have been an adventure riding across BC in the 50's.  Roads sure were not like they are now. I never had a Harley, heck I have never ridden one but had a Honda CB175, had to wait until I was 21 before I dared deal with Mom, :D and a Suzuki T500 which I really enjoyed. Have not ridden much since I endo'ed my buddy's Suzuki water buffalo and it landed on my leg. Kinda lost my enthusiasm.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!