iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Northeastern Forest Products Equipment Expo,Bangor ME

Started by thecfarm, February 14, 2009, 04:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

This will be a great time as always.May 1-2.If you have never been,take the time to go and you will be hooked.It only comes to Bangor once every 2 years.Here's the link to the Expo.

http://nefpexpo.net/

Register early and get in for free.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bull

MaddiesDad

I was debating between this one and the one in New York.  I think I'll go to this one.  I think the one in NY is the first one or something.

thecfarm

Bull you going?I will be there on Friday.I want to avoid the crowd.But if it rains,than Sat will be it.I went up there last week and went the next exit up to the expo.This will keep me from waiting for the mile of cars in front of me to get in.Once I could get on to main street I went by the line and drove up the street and turned around and just about drove right in.
Take a day off from work or school and go.Don't say,I don't have time.It's worth it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bull

Its my best excuse to go to camp on the company, We have a place in Monson Maine, working on the wife to get away before the busy season, Will head into camp Thursday late and then off to Bangor for Friday morning, then have the weekend at camp or buming around the Moosehead region. Bangor is a little over an hour from Camp thru the willey wags- Rte 6/15 over thru Dover Foxcroft and then out thru Sangerville  Hermon on to Bangor Can't remember the rte #s at the moment, the memory knows the way !! gone to Bangor 3 or 4 time in the past 10 years for the Expo...

bull

Just spoke to the wife she said mark the calendar !! We're agoin, Boy I like my Boss !!

Tim L

When I was a kid we used to go to a camp on Monson Pond. That was in the 60'S
Do the best you can and don't look back

bull

Looked into buying the campground on Monson Pond with the boat launch back in 84 but decided on larger acreage 1 mile up the road on the opposite side beyond Kelly's but before the A frame and Frost Heave Farm..... 70 Acres of hillside wooded. We built our Family Camp with Friend the spring of 84, love the area and can never find enough time to get there.. very few changes in Monson in the past 25 years...

Tim L

We used to get to camp by boat cause there was no road around.The peoples name was Kronholm(spelling)

Tim L

I built the only raft that floated (too little to use saws)

bull

Were you on the north side of the pond, Elliotsville road is the road from town to wilson stream, that passes monson pond, you most likely got the boat at the public launch at The Wildwood shores campground... There is still a Kronholm family on the Elliotsville road- oppisite side of the road from the campground...  Looking at the picture you would be up the pond on the leftside from the boat ramp. there is a small red camp on the shore line at the point of a small cove,if you look mor to thr rightside of your picture .. Kelly's own the feild that is on the hill to the west side of the lake between the road and the lake, does anything sound familiar!!

Tim L

Its got to be the same family as thats not a common name. I was young but I think you nailed it as far as location.

thecfarm

MaddiesDad

Supposedly they've got almost 5,000 people pre-registered

STUMPKICKER

:) I's one of 'em. Jest waitin' fer me badge.  ;D

mad dog

I'm going on friday,I got my badge in the mail the other day.
mad dog 78 acres,pasqualli tractor,L-15 woodmiser

bull

Looks like expo is OUT for me !!  New truck = less money = wife say's work !!

Mulch / cow manure deliveries booked thru next Tuesday !!!
Good weather also helping to start early planting, peas, spinach, swiss chard, beans,Lettuce,      misc  greens,Onions, corn are in, Corn is planted every 5 days now through August !!!
Work season is here and Im working !!!!
Will see what happens in Noember as to time off !!
Planting Potatoes today !!

thecfarm

I will be taking the Hammond Street exit,I think it's 183.Says Hammond Street on the exit.Much easier than exit 182A.Two years ago I wasted time in traffic.Once I got on to Main St I went by everyone and turned around and came in the way I am going this year.I went up there this winter and tried it.Worked great.Hammond runs right into Main.Do a google on it.
I will have my FF hat on.Suspenders too.
Showers is the forcast.

Jim_Rogers

I'll be there but it will be afternoon before I can get there. I'll have my FF hat on as well......
See you then....

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Brad_S.

I'm working in Lincoln, ME, for a few weeks, so I hope to grab a company truck and make it down there on Saturday, Sunday at the latest. Don't have my FF cap with me though. :(
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

MaddiesDad

Show's only Friday and Saturday.
The show seems to have a huge turnout for vendors.  Walking around it seems to be filled and have no empty booths.  I was a little confused at the complete lack of parking.  Also I think I'm missing a section as I didn't see a lot of outside stuff.  I'll meander around again tommorrow.

thecfarm

Plenty of parking.There is a fair grounds next door.They also have a few small parking areas.Should be a lot of outside vendors to keep you busy.Two years ago they was running a 1000 hp chipper there.All major sawmills,skidders,forwarders,trucks,wood processors,chainsaws dealers will be outside waiting to show you what they have to offer.

Jim_Rogers

I believe it's just a Friday and Saturday event.....
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Brad_S.

Thank you both for pointing out it is a 2 day show. I would have been upset to show up only to find I had missed the show.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

MaddiesDad

There's a parking garage across the street, etc.  Just not as handy.  But you've got to go in off a side street or something. 

Thank You Sponsors!