iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need help identifying new winch

Started by Novascotiamill, December 12, 2017, 03:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Novascotiamill

Hello there I need some help identifying a forestry winch that I picked up today  there are no identification plates or specification plates on the winch only the name of the manufacture and Quebec company that is no longer in business .winch is in excellent condition and doesn't appear to have been used I think it's been sitting in a barn for the last 15 years  I checked the Internet for similar winches but couldn't find anything manufactured by that company  The winch runs off the tractors hydraulic system not the PTO  it weighs about 300 pounds and I'm hoping it will be a direct fit to my Kioti tractor. Any help identifying the winch and it specifications would be appreciated
2017 HM130
Stihl 261
2010 F150 xtr
Lots of rigid genx5 tools
1 long haired german shepherd
2017 kioti ck2610HST with FEL and forks
Grindlux band sharpener
Wicked 55" root rake grapple
O

Novascotiamill

2017 HM130
Stihl 261
2010 F150 xtr
Grindlux band sharpener
O

Novascotiamill

And another(cant seem to post more than one pic per post)
2017 HM130
Stihl 261
2010 F150 xtr
Grindlux band sharpener
O

Novascotiamill

2017 HM130
Stihl 261
2010 F150 xtr
Grindlux band sharpener
O

Novascotiamill

2017 HM130
Stihl 261
2010 F150 xtr
Grindlux band sharpener
O

Crusarius

If I had to guess I would bet that plaque is the name of the place that sold it not anything more. I wish I could be more help

coxy

never seen a hydraulic winch that went on the 3p hitch  looks to be built good   

lopet

Now that's a barn find !!!! 8) 8)
Sorry for not being any help.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Novascotiamill

Ok 1 last question and pic. The couplers on the hose were identified as standard ag5675 series poppet male couplers. Would these be compatible with the rear remotes on my kioti,im told by the dealer that the remotes are standard agbseries. Ive since learned there is a seriea A and series B. Anyone have any idea which this is? My dilemma is my tractor is 152 km away and the hydraulic shops are much closer if I need to change the fittings on the winch. Hydraulics is a whole new kettle of fish to me!
This is a gates fitting g94111-0808-04
2017 HM130
Stihl 261
2010 F150 xtr
Grindlux band sharpener
O

Crusarius

That fitting just unscrews and you screw a new one on. very easy. I think there is a large and a small size. Depending on the size of your tractor would probably determine whether it has the large or small ones. Changing them out is cake. I would match them to the tractor side that way you will not need any adapters.

maple flats

Not knowing which brand it is, I'd guess the pipe threads are likely metric, that's not a certainty.
That winch looks like a real good one, as long as your tractor has enough pressure and decent GPM on the hydraulics. On the hydraulic motor do you see an ID tag? Name, specs or model #?
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

maple flats

I see the pump shows 11.4 LPM but do not see how much of that is available on the rear hydraulics, nor does it show what pressure it runs at. 11.4 L/M is pretty good for a 2700# tractor in that HP category. You will find it  you need to put a good load of weight in the FEL to handle pulling any logs behind you, but it certainly should get the logs to the tractor where you can buck them and haul a load of firewood in the FEL. For saw logs you may need to pull one at a time and if you need to pull the logs uphill, you may need to drop them, drive up leaving the log at the bottom, then pull the log to you again.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

thecfarm

How many hp is your tractor?
I have never seen one like it,built by a local machine shop??
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mike_belben

You better be sitting down when you get the tab on couplers at your local shop.  Dont be surprised if theyre $70 each.  You can always find both sides online for the price of one locally.  Sorry man, thats just how it is. 

Id go retrieve the tractor and bring it to the attachment then go from there.  No telling whats on your kioti, anyone coulda swapped it to fit their needs.
Praise The Lord

coxy

I know of a Kubota excavator that  has British pipe thread   on a few things 

Stoneyacrefarm

The fittings in your picture look to be standard ag fittings that can be purchased at your local farm store.
They are 8-13 dollars each out my way.
Work hard. Be rewarded.

Novascotiamill

Thanks for all the replys mystery solved. Was able to track down the company that took over the brand label on the winch. It is in fact made in Quebec,it has a line pull of 8000lbs,runs on 200psi of pressure,the couplers are stanard agriculture fittings so theyll hook up to the remotes on my kioti which I bought new so I know no one has switched anything . These winches were manufactured until 2013 in Lambton Quebec,which is near the maine state border,Im surprised no one has seen them before. My tractor has a flow rate of 11.7 gpm so no trouble getting line speed from the winch.tractor weighs about 5000lbs with fel ,loaded tires and winch.
2017 HM130
Stihl 261
2010 F150 xtr
Grindlux band sharpener
O

Satamax

Looks like an old  farmi or fransgard.
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

Stephen Alford

Nice... the hydraulics on my tractor have become for the lack of a better word "convoluted". If your couplers do not go together easily you may have a bit of pressure built up . If you tap the nipple against something it will let the pressure off.   I used to lose clip pins both styles. A  plastic tie seems to have solved that grief.  Good luck with your winch.   :)

logon

mike_belben

Quote from: Stoneyacrefarm on December 13, 2017, 01:19:54 PM
The fittings in your picture look to be standard ag fittings that can be purchased at your local farm store.
They are 8-13 dollars each out my way.

I so wish skidsteers didnt all go to flatface leakfree 24k gold couplers.  Stupid expensive.
Praise The Lord

47sawdust

How does that hydraulic winch free spool?
If the winch build quality is like the rest of the equipment Couture made you will not be disappointed.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Novascotiamill

There is a lever on the side that unlocks the drum from the drive gear allowing it to free spool.Ive never seen anything from couture before however the winch looks to be very durable.also all the parts are readily available at local stores and online. Im going to mount it to the tractor this weekend.
2017 HM130
Stihl 261
2010 F150 xtr
Grindlux band sharpener
O

Puffergas

I replaced my skid steer ends with standard $6 ones.
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

Stoneyacrefarm

Puffer.
I did the same.
Made everything standard.
Makes it a lot easier to just grab something and go.
I finally changed out the rest of the old style ag fittings to new style for all my hay equipment.
Less time between hook ups from tractor to tractor and skid steer.
Work hard. Be rewarded.

mike_belben

Where you guys getting the cheap couplers?
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!