fishfighter

Third coat applied.

Second coat dried.

Third coat. It's building up.

samandothers

Crusarius

Sweet. thanks for the info.

fishfighter

Going to try and get the 4th coat down this morning before the rains start. That TS will be coming up this way. Forecast to as much as 27" of rain thru Sunday. :o Shouldn't be a big problem here, I hope.

Magicman

Hunker down my Friend and hopefully it will not spawn any twisters as it moves North.  We are only forecast to get 8" to 12" of rain.  ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

'Only' :D That's still nasty enough, it would put indoor pools in old basements up here. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

There are no basements in our part of the country.  What comes down runs off.  Of course it may back up in low lying areas so flooding is always a threat.  :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Yes, and probably a better idea as long as your on a dome. ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

fishfighter

About as ready as I can Lynn. Added extra weight to all covered wood piles. ;D

Had time to do the 4th coat.

Suppose to dry out as a semi gloss finish. I'm still up in the wind if I will drop it down to a satin finish. To do that, one just orders a gallon of that finish and it does it in one coat.

On a side note. They stated that one gallon will finish out 500sf. This room is 12'x16'. Just about used the full gallon. Might have maybe 6-8 oz left. ;D The first coat, I used a third of a gallon and didn't think I would have enough. ;D

fishfighter

Update on the weather here. Barry was a bust, thanks God. We are just getting rains. Dry air from the north had sheared the storm which saved a lot of flooding down here. ;D

Still getting rain from the storm and that will still be coming down tomorrow. Nothing heavy and much needed here. ;D

SwampDonkey

Well that is good news.

sawmilllawyer

That is very good news. Was wondering how y'all fared during the hurricane.
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

fishfighter

Spent the day picking up branches and cutting the yard. The state has a no burn order going on now. >:( I need to burn off a few piles of branches before any more rain.

I did install some more trim, no pictures. Had ordered more of the Waterlox that should be in tomorrow. Hoping to get all coats down by the weekend.

fishfighter

Got the Waterlox in yesterday afternoon. First thing this morning, I clean up the floor real good and passed a tack rag. Did started applying the waterlox.

I did split the room to make it easier. I like it and the wife loves it. ;D

LeeB

Are you going to finish the wainscot or leave it natural?
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

fishfighter

It is coated with a satin varnish.

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

fishfighter

Was under the weather yesterday, but was able to get a third coat on this morning.

Darrel

Man, that looks GREAT!!!  8)
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

SwampDonkey

Coming right along. 8)

samandothers

it does look great !  Are you doing anything before each coat, or just wiping it on?

fishfighter

No sanding in between coats. ;D

Still a bit under the weather, but I still got a bunch done. I didn't want to put the forth coat down till I got three coats down in the kitchen area. Had another problem there. When sanding the fill coat, I wasn't able to get the area of the toe kick areas. First thing this morning, I attack those spots and all was good. Yes, even block sanding by hand was needed. :( Then I had to drop the island over it's area which I had marked and treated the area. DanG island I know weights more then 1 thousand pounds. :o

After passing a tack cloth and much vacuuming and then taping, I was ready to apply the first coat. ;D

In this picture if one looks close at the bases of the beams, one can see were I split the room. I did a flaring sand before hand. ;D Was the reason to leave the forth coat.

Overall, I am very happy with the product. For those that would use this produce, I would say that time to fully cure is way out there to as much as 6 months. :o But, that all depends on the weather.

Another thing, this product will darken the wood over time till it cures which for me will be a plus. ;D 

SwampDonkey

Today I put down Minwax Floor varnish I mentioned earlier on the stairway and hand rails. Was dried hard, no tack, in 2 hours. But was a very good drying day and had box fan blowing that dry air. :)

fishfighter

fishfighter

Real nice weather here today. Good dry cool air. Got down to 68F. ;D

Got the third coat down.

Thank You Sponsors!