iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Questions regarding factory claw turner for LT40 manual

Started by WoodenHead, March 29, 2013, 07:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodenHead

It's been a while since I pondered the Woodmizer factory hydraulic turner upgrade.  But I finally did it!  Lately I've been spending my evenings putting it together and bolting it on.  I'm not quite finished yet as the pictures show. 

As part of the factory option (for 2010 manual mills and newer) you get the hydraulic pump, hydraulic backstops, and dual valves, but I already had valves and pump (and hydraulic backstops actually), so I only really needed the parts for the turner.  I believe you could, if you really wanted to, add this stuff to a manual LT28, 35 or 40 since the frames are the same (2010 and newer).  My LT40 is a 2006 so I will need to make some modification for the hydraulic backstops, but otherwise the claw turner itself bolts on without issue.

It has been a little bit of a challenge to find an appropriate spot for my stackable valves, particularly with the addition of the drag back.  But I finally managed to find a spot at the tongue that still allows full movement of the saw head.  It just fits.   ;D

drobertson

David, it looks like I'm not the only one who max's the blade tension,  and I figure you sound like you could be my cousin, ;D must be a Carolina thing,  good vid,  david, and I'm also quite sure many of us have watched a log or two go right across the bed into the play pit :D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!